Raising alkalinity for algae control?

snakeblitz33

Well, so far, I can't find any evidence to substantiate this claim. So, I'm going to say it was false and misguided information. I'm not going to include it in my article. Thanks everyone :D

geoj

Yeah, it would have been too easy to throw in a little baking soda to cure algae. lolololololol

What you never test out your own theories... I am calling you out Snake, Raise your alk and tell us what happens.... :evil:

snakeblitz33

LOL you're too funny. I would experiment because there is nothing in my tank but some hermits and a snail right now - but there's one problem... there's no algae to cure! lol! It's all growing on my algae scrubber. lolol

geoj

Hay, that's perfect if your algae scrubber clears then you well have a result. :laughing:

C

childress5tyler

Wouldn't mind reading your article you're writing snake and also woudn't mind hearing your findings on raising alk to kill algae

snakeblitz33

Well, the article that I am writing on nuisance algae is actually going to be published on a different website. If I remember, I'll PM you the link.
I am not going to raise my alkalinity for my tank. I have no algae to kill - and I have fish and don't want to risk it. I chalked up the article I read to bad information and misconceptions.

C

childress5tyler

I don't have any algae either, i was just asking because i figured it could be a good thing to suggest to customers because i work at a saltwater fish store

snakeblitz33

Yup. I hear yah. There are better methods out there that aren't so risky. I still haven't come accross any other info on the matter. I'll let you know if I do.