Rare fish pics

mikeyman356

This is is ur chance to show off ur cool rare fish so just post those picks and get this thread going!! There will be many of expert aquarists who wil be looking at this and will leave comments so get those pics coming.
Fish pics must be of somewhat rare fish that you have!! not off internet

kayak385

i want a boxfish soo bad, With a lawnmower blenny and 2 green chromis... you think he'd be ok? alsoa coral banded shrimp.

S

shark bait

Here is a fish not in the trade and was purchased a few years back when you could get them. The owner found out it would get to big, so here it is . Not mine, BTW. I did talk with state fish and game as I know the warden for my area, I scuba alot and he said only the black market sale is what they are working on due to the fact this shark gives live birth. Hunters will kill the female shark and cut the pups out and sell them over seas at 200-300 a pop. It mad me mad to know this. But this guy now has a better life, he found a shark pond.

thud

Originally Posted by watson3
Not really rare, but rarely seen Lopezi Tang

I have that guy but didn't know the name!

watson3

Originally Posted by thud
I have that guy but didn't know the name!
Commonly confused with a Naso Vlamingi juvi

gnorman

a leopard shark. a gorgeous shark. i see them all the time when i

[hr]
fish and snorkel off of southern California near southern Laguna beach area... it says your located in So Cal... where in so cal. i know a women that has a big tank in her beach house( her regular home) off of beach road at Capistrano beach. and she told me a person on beach road has a leopard shark tank. just wondering if this tank is yours or your friends who lives on beach road

demartini

Originally Posted by shark bait
Here is a fish not in the trade and was purchased a few years back when you could get them. The owner found out it would get to big, so here it is . Not mine, BTW. I did talk with state fish and game as I know the warden for my area, I scuba alot and he said only the black market sale is what they are working on due to the fact this shark gives live birth. Hunters will kill the female shark and cut the pups out and sell them over seas at 200-300 a pop. It mad me mad to know this. But this guy now has a better life, he found a shark pond.
I caught one of those in the San Francisco bay... He yanked my pole in to the water and my cousin went after it lol I caught him and then let him go... the one I caught was kinda big. I have never caught a fish in the bay just a shark and rays lol

murph145

heres my psuedanthias pictilis aka "painted anthias"
considered very rare since its collected in the great barrier reef area which only few collectors are allowed to collect from certain times during the year.... very difficult to find and are often tiems hard to get to eat frozen foods

then my yellow fuzzy dwarf lionsfish
not that a fuzzy dwarf is rare just the color intensity is rarely seen