Rarest fish /invert you own?

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/354715/rarest-fish-invert-you-own/40#post_3387056
ya the goby i was gonna get would be urs or the other one with the fin on the back lol that prob dosent help....but its another shrimp goby...its white and orange if im not mistaken.....
As far as Qt i was thinkin i could set up the 10gal as my Qt pretty easily...maybe one or two pieces of rock and some PVC...think just a HOB filter would suffice. I would put the others currently from the 10 on my new 20long...also u think $40 is a fair deal. Got it from a guy on CL, said he might be able to deliver this next weekend

LOL sry for the questions....is it easy to transfer stuff from one tank to another...im worried about getting another cycle when i do it...
btw that pic of ur filefish never gets old...u should get another since u were so succesful with keeping him e.g. mainly getting him to eat!
You should QT burrowers such as a pistol and goby with a container filled with substrate from the tank you plan to place them in. A bare bottom QT is very stressful on sand sifting/burrowing gobies and similar critters.

1guydude

k thxs thats actually a good idea dont know why i didnt think of it...u think my cycle would be that bad though....id prob add all 10gal of water from my current tank and 10 mor fresh salt water!?!?! last question i dont wanna hijack more than i already have lol! Ur always thinkin on ur feet BTL!

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/354715/rarest-fish-invert-you-own/60#post_3387063
k thxs thats actually a good idea dont know why i didnt think of it...u think my cycle would be that bad though....id prob add all 10gal of water from my current tank and 10 mor fresh salt water!?!?! last question i dont wanna hijack more than i already have lol! Ur always thinkin on ur feet BTL!
I like to do full cycles in QT tanks unless it's a dire emergency with a sick fish in the DT and you don't have a QT or HT already set up.

1guydude

no i mean when i go to upgrade the 10gal nano to the 20 long....do i need to set up the qt 1st so i have a place to put em???? pickin up wat im layin down? lol

tur4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/354715/rarest-fish-invert-you-own/40#post_3387044
ooo so it is lol my bad....i was thinkin about this the other day?!?!? R these creatures very safe with other inverts and stuff...? I might be upgrading my 10gal to a 20 long and i would get rid of my CBS and get a pistol combo but i wanna keep some pepps in there too? Possable? R these creatures okay w/o the goby as well? The only pistol i have found was a tiger and it was TINY! e.g. like they dont need the goby to make a burrow and such...maybe i could add the shrimp goby later?
My Pistol never leaves his burrow. He just adjusts the entrances so the flow will carry food through his burrow. I keep him with a cleaner shrimp, peppermints, a Harlequin, a Sally Lightfoot, a Pompom crab and a porcelain anemone crab. The only aggression I see from him is warning shots to chase off anything that strays too close to his rock.
I don't currently have a goby with mine. I've tried putting yellow watchmen in that tank, but I've never had much luck with them. They just disappear after I put them in. I'm guessing that the space behind my tank is a goby graveyard.