red slime

I bought a LR with some red slime and the slime started to spread to my sponges. I bought some altralife red slime remover and it removed all the slime with one dose. My issue is that I thought I had a ton of red coraline in my tank. It was on my shells, rocks etc.....Now its all gone except for some on an older LR. I guess what I thought was coraline was really red slime. Now my protein skimmer is working over time. The red looked good in my tank, and sure fooled me. Any thoughts?

gubber

Use the "Chemiclean" Red slime remover. It works very well. Look into it. I had the same problem. It runs about $14.99. But it works and it dos'nt hurt anything else.

thud

Click the "Search" link above and search for Chemi Clean. You'll find over a hundred threads of success with the product to clear your red slime (also known as cyanobacteria)

The red slime is gone. I was just surprised that what I thought was red coraline also disappeared. It looks like I dropped bleach in my tank. Clean as a whistle. No red in sight!