Reduced Minimum Order Size and Shipping Changes

T

touchthesky00

I just noticed this as I was about to go place an order. I found a friend who wanted to do a combo order so we could get the 79.99 minimum. Sad. Just wondering what the reason is. Could it be the riddiculous gas prices?

Thanks

renogaw

they had too many people complaining about thier wording of everything, and that there were no orders less than $80.
basically, they are just rewording the $25 handling/fuel surcharge that everyone was whining about.

mr.m

I like the new sys. at least now we only have to buy 30.00 min not the 79.00.
now i can order stuff from here

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, we wanted to reduce the minimum order amount, that is something we heard loud and clear from the boards. Now, you can order as little as $29.99 in livestock.
The free shipping positioning has gone away. It didn't seem genuine when you added the surcharges, and it took away from the fact that we have some of the lowest overall shipping rates out there....especially for orders over $79.99. So, the surcharges have gone away and we have flat rate shipping...$34.99 for under $79.99 in livestock, $27.99 for purchases $79.99 and above.

renogaw

is there ANY level of amount to get FREE free shipping, like some of the competitors (some are near $250ish)?

alix2.0

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/2639909
is there ANY level of amount to get FREE free shipping, like some of the competitors (some are near $250ish)?
thats a good idea reno. i would make larger purchases if i got free shipping out of it. umm especially since id have more money that i wasnt spending on fuel charges.

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Stay tuned. My wife, Karen, said the same thing. This is more ammunition for her position. We want to see what happens with the lower minimum order quantity first.
Thanks for everyone's input. It is always helpful and appreciated.

michaeltx

I think its a very good idea I can actually order something now with the lower priceing options LOL now I have to go look
Mike

renogaw

don't think so, unless it was a blurb in one of their specials. i was surprised myself.
one thing they gotta do is change their banner... it still says free shipping etc.

T

touchthesky00

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/2640944
don't think so, unless it was a blurb in one of their specials. i was surprised myself.
one thing they gotta do is change their banner... it still says free shipping etc.
where does it say free shipping?
for the past couple days for me it has said low shipping fees

renogaw

look at the banner when you reply to a thread. well, i can't get the right banner to save, but it cycles through and still says free shipping

R

rcreations

That's too bad, I liked the free shipping. But then the added fuel surcharges, now the full shipping cost. The free shipping was a huge advantage for ordering from SWF. Now I order a $40 fish, it ends up costing me $75. So the LFS selling the same fish for $60 doesn't seem so high anymore.

alix2.0

was it ever truely 100% free shipping? or was there always the $10 box charge? i know the fuel charges are a fairly new development.

R

rcreations

The $10 box charge has been there since I started ordering. But $10 for that and no sales tax pretty much balanced out.

jarodw45

Well I have noticed that in the last six months the prices on everything on the site have gone up quite a bit. I miss the lower prices that attracted me to this site when I found it and now the shipping has gone up $8. But I can completely understand why everything is going up not only here but in everything we buy. OIL $140 A barel.