Reef Safe Angels

f1shman

What is your experience of either a flame angel, coral beauty angel, cherub angel, or flameback (i like um all) in a reef tank? Have they been reef safe in your experience?
Thank You

dogstar

I have a Flame and a CB in my reef and they are fine but I made them promise to be befor I bought them.

wax32

My Cherub doesn't bother a thing. Although he plays tag with my Debelius' Fairy Wrasse.

wax32

It eats every food I offer: Formula 1 and 2 pellets, Cyclop-eeze flakes, Bio-Blend Marine pellets, Nori, Frozen Formula 1, thawed market shrimp. From day one it has been a pig, dunno if I am lucky or they all readily eat.

f1shman

I can't wait to get mine, that is after i get the stuff for the tank, cycle the water, wait a while, then get one!!!! Did you get yours at a LFS or online? :joy: :joy:

wax32

The best thing about them is they stay SMALL. A three inch Cherub is a big one. Mine is just under 2" atm.

f1shman

i clicked that pic of your angel and it brought me to a website, your website im guessing? you had some awesome hitchhikers lol that crab is awesome

wax32

Ya, that's my site. I skimmed that huge thread you started... I don't have any clams, but as you can see by my pictures I have a lot of LPS and he doesn't touch them.

f1shman

wow tahts only a 29 gallon tank also, appears so much bigger, awesome job on it, my tank is 40 gallons, just ordered all the filters etc.. last night and now working on what fish im going to have.

wax32

Thanks. It's crammed pretty full. Actually, my LFS is drilling a Reef-Ready 70 gal Oceanic for me today. It has a built in overflow, but I am having him drill the bottom for a closed-loop system that will add more flow without having powerheads in the tank. I'm itchy waiting for it to be done! :D Of course then I have to wait for him to build my sump. This addiction never ends!

f1shman

Indeed lol. In my tank im just gonna have an AquaC Remora and a wavemaker system that does 690 gph, no sump to begin, i may add one later, lots of LR and LS hope that good for a reef