Reef Safe Angels

f1shman

and i bought an extra skimmer basket thing, that u put the pump in it helps skim the top of the water and u can put filter media in it, sounded like a good idea :happy:

wax32

Yes, I have that. Make sure to stay on top of your water [edit: TOP OFFS] though, it sucks water from a small overflow basically and if that overflow empties your pump will suck air and could burn up. I top off my tank twice a day to be on the safe side. Your evaporation may vary tho. It's hot in my tank room and I lose about 64 ounces a day to evaporation. (A big Circle-K cup) :D

crzyfshygy

It was to slow during feeding time, and could not seem to get its fair share. it would hang out on the bottom. I had a pseudochromis in there to that was highly territoial...so CB kinda hung back. I was fresh in the hobby....it was among my first fish. Eventually it started eating fromula 2 and flakes. But it would hit anything in my tank that had serious movement, coral I mean. I eventually gave it back. Inexperience played a role on my part though. My LFS has a Flame and a CB in a reef though and it does fine. just like my emerald crab took a BITE
out of my xenia. Then I decided to start feeding it with seaweed sheets...I break off a little pc then give it to him with a plastic tweezer. They were just hungary :thinking:

wax32

One thing is for certain: in this hobby nothing is certain! :D I had a peppermint shrimp that shredded some florida rics but others swear they are completely harmless.

mandysam

I love my cherub angel. I only have a 29g with a fire goby and a percula clown. They all get along great and I have no problem with them eating at all. Although I do not have corals I do have feather dusters and I have never had a problem with my angel. She is a very active fish swimming in out of rock all day long. Great addition to a tank IMO!!!

f1shman

Well as of now 90% say they are. I guess I'll have to try one! Is there any order of adding him that would make him more likely to not nip corals. Like add him before any corals, or add him after a lot of corals are in there, anything like that?