Reef Tank?? Fish Only tank??

legendary

MIL the 120 is your best deal, IMO, for 75$ more as long as you have room for it. the 65 is really not that good of a tank because it has less surface space for gass transfer, you can still use it but the 120 is a better deal. If it comes with a wet/dry you will need a skimmer like dane said and what ever lights it has will do for about 8 weeks then you may have to get some MH but that still depends on what your inhabitants will be after you cycle your tank with live rock. I wrote that kinda quick hope it made since

jer4916

Originally Posted by milomlo
Hey Guys thanks alot! All of your information is just being soaked up like a sponge

I really appreciate all of your help. Actually I haven't decided on anything yet. I am still trying to figure it all out. I am taking Danes advice and not just jumping into it.

For buying stuff i would honestly look on this site in the for sale area...you'll get a good deal..if it comes with rock/sand...etc its ready for you...will be much easier on you set up wise and much easier on the pocket book, used stuff is ALWAYS cheaper...ALWAYS ..personal opinon ..your retarded if you buy most of your stuff new....used stuff in this hobby is best unless its light bulbs or test kits ...are typically everything else is better because its aged. I bought my 125 acrlyic tank,stand,can,lights,ecosystem filter for $1100 ...if i would have bought it new the same stuff would have run me around $6-7k. Again my stuff is top of the line...but you can get some really good savings....dont buy live rock from a petstore...alot of times they have parasites in them...see if you can find someone local who is selling it...will be cheaper one...but also a fellow hobbiest is more likely to take care of there rock/animals then a pet store....because again...to most of us...our tanks are our babies. I take better care of my tank then i do myself...lol ...again research everything...if you see something for a good price in a store...write down the model number ...etc ..and research it online ...9 times out of 10 its almost half price online. ...thats my tip on buying stuff.
in reguards to everything else...with this hobby you will do ALOT of study'n...if you dont you'll only cost yourself money in the long run and be a short term swf lover :)
remember always go about this hobby slow...slower you are the better your tank will look
one last word of advice...ALWAYS USE RO WATER ....if you can afford it buy a uv sterilizer and a ro unit.... you'll thank me in 6 months.
~Chris