Refugium for Nano's!

nissan577

Originally Posted by NaNo-NeWb1983
http:///forum/post/3106543
yes ma'am... I have to trim mine every week, befor i did lights for 24/7 i only had to trim every month
im doing it now!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks bro! i always turn it off. i didnt know. sweet! man! thanks! hows yoville?

troy989

i have biocube 29 i dont get how to do that. im just starting so do u think i should? and can i see a diagram or somthing i clicked the link and didnt see anything of a biocube

jemshores

Originally Posted by chaseter
http:///forum/post/3106105
Do you have a filter Nissan or is your water just running into your refugium?
Also, the water level in the second area of my biocube only fills about half way full because that is the way it is designed. How do you keep if full like in your pics?
Try to adjust your skimmer piece that came with the nano. Its the grill outside the intake. If you push it down slightly you will increase your flow.

troy989

i alrdy have fish if i do change the filter didnt u say to put lr ruble when u posted pic u said ignore ruble

troy989

how soon should i do this soon im buying light upgrade and can i buy light and cheato stuf at lfs

nissan577

Originally Posted by troy989
http:///forum/post/3107333
what does that cheato stuf do and should i get a cleaner clam read they lower nitrite
no. the chaeto also lowers the nitrates. trites are bad but not as much as the trates.
Chaetomorpha Algae, also known as Spaghetti Algae or Green Hair Algae, is an excellent macro algae for refugiums. Each cell grows end to end, creating long, stiff strands. It grows in filamentous clumps, resembling a ball of fishing line. This algae is fast growing and is not palatable to many herbivorous species.
Chaetomorpha Algae removes both phosphates and nitrates from the water. To increase the amount of nutrients this algae exports, use moderate to high lighting and keep it in an area of high water flow. It should ideally be tumbled in an algae filter.

nissan577

Chemi-pure Elite
* Multi-purpose chemical filter media removes dissolved organics and more
* Enjoy sparkling water and maintain a perfect pH in any aquarium
* Long-lasting chemical filter media reduces aquarium maintenance
Your fish will live a healthier life - up to 4 times longer. Works equally well in marine or freshwater aquariums to remove heavy metals, copper, phenol, ammonia, and other nitrogenous waste. Helps keep pH at a consistently safe range and your water sparkling clear. Fantastic for use with African Cichlids and Discus. Chemi-Pure Elite adds ferric oxide to the original Chemi-Pure formula to also remove phosphates and silicates, making it the only complete choice for filtering any kind of aquarium. Each pre-bagged 5 oz Chemi-Pure or Chemi-Pure Elite treats up to 20 gallons; 10 oz Chemi-Pure or 11.74 oz Chemi-Pure Elite unit treats up to 40 gallons. Each extra large 40 oz Grande or 46.96 Grande Elite nylon bags treat 175-200 gallons. Remains active 4-6 months.
Purigen

* Chemical filter media for fresh and saltwater aquariums
* Effectively removes protein and other organic aquarium pollutants
* Regenerate Purigen chemical filter media for extended aquarium use
Premium synthetic adsorbent removes soluble and insoluble aquarium impurities. Purigen is a macro-porous, synthetic polymer that removes proteins and a broad spectrum of organics at a rate and capacity that exceeds all other chemical filter media by over 500%. Controls ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate, by removing nitrogenous organic waste materials. Seachem Purigen also significantly raises redox to improve aquarium water quality and clarity.
Exhaustion is indicated by discoloration, and it can be regenerated easily. For marine and freshwater aquariums. 100 ml treats up to 100 gallons, for up to 6 months.