Refugiums for all nanos!

nissan577

this is what i did with my 29g biocube nano. and its been working out great for me. and i wanted to share what i did. hopefully it will help you guys as well.
this is what you need to do!
well first of all you really dont need a skimmer. it really doesnt help. as long as you do proper water changes you are good. doing a refugium is the best way to go. remove everything you got in the back and place a cup with mud or sand in it. put lr rubble in the cup. and place the chaeto on top of it. make sure to have holes or cut a piece of the cup so the water can flow through. also place a bag of chemipure elite. in the 3rd chamber. and if you can a bag of purigen put in 1st chamber but its not necessary. i got mangrove in mine and its the best. its gotten way bigger than before. i will post a pic of my refugium. remove everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no sponge carbon or anything. nitrates get trap there. all you need is chaeto, mud in a cup with a small lr rubble if you wanna grow pods and thats it. plus the chemipure elite and purigen.
this is mine fuge in my chamber 2

my tank as of now

hope it help a little

pdmxb2000

i got cheato in my 2nd chamber, but i want that reef mud stuff in mine but never figured out a way to put it in my 2nd chamber. a cup is a great idea. ill prolly put a plastic container in there with some holes in it. good idea nissan

lulabulla

what are you doing for light in the fuge? im starting my fuge with lrr and chaeto. i havent put chaeto in yet and and needed to figure out a light source.
i like your set up!!

pdmxb2000

i scraped the paint off the back of my biocube chamber 2, went to walmart bought a cheap clip on flourscent light and theres my my light source. my cheato has doubled in size so it must be working. i dont have lr rubble in the back of mine tho

nissan577

Then what can it be.
how often do you leave the light on? I do one day yes one day no. For the fuge light

pdmxb2000

i leave my light on sometimes 24hrs or sometimes the same as the tank. i have to rip out cheato cause it grows so fast. its the only light not on a timer so i forget sometimes. cheato grows mad in my refuge. maybe cause i dont have any live rock in there, haha jk

nissan577

not cool lol. Ima take a pic of it later today. And guys let me know what you guys think. Also some FTS, n coral shots ima take

coral keeper

Here is a picture of my fuge in the back of my 28 gallon HQI nano. The ONLY problem I have is diatoms.
Which I'm fixing right now.

Don't mind the drawing...

nissan577

love it LOL. Coral man I love your tank. How much you pay for it? I'm really interested in buying one. Lol. Love all your tanks guys