Republicans vs. Democrats

caillou

The way I look at is is probably too simple.
Democrats = more government. Democrats want to install more govt. programs, govt. aid etc... All of which means higher taxes. I work too hard for my money to give it to the govt. so they can give it to those less fortunate. I'm a big believer in Darwin and the survival of the fittest(sp?) If I don't work, I don't have money, I can't eat, can't give my children good things, can't have a fish tank, can't have nice cars and can't have a nice house. So the choice for me is simple. Work hard, have nice things. Democrats want to tax me more money because I choose to work hard so I can have good things. To them that means I can work hard so "those less fortunate can benefit from my higher taxes. I totally disagree.
BTW... While I was born and bred a Republican, I still look at the underlying candidate or person first and foremost. It just happens that most of the time they happen to be on the Republican side.
Don't forget the best part. While America may not be perfect it is still in my opinion the best place to be. We can have political debates and discussions here. You can say you hate the president and not worry about being dragged off to jail, etc. (I just happen to not hate our president)
And one more thing, GO BUSH!

tangman99

Originally posted by firedad720
p.s. i still say we should take up a collection for those who want to move to canada

Sure, to raise the average IQ level in the U.S. I'd donate a healthy sum. :yes:

dory36

I was born and raised in a very conservative home. I will always vote Republican because I believe they have MY best interests at heart. I will never forget a discussion I had once with an African American police officer. He said that anyone who makes over $35,000 a year would be an idiot not to vote Republican. My husband and I have been married nearly 16 years and the only time we had to pay the IRS was when Clinton was in office. I don't know about you all, but I like keeping my $ and I enjoy those $3 and $4k refunds each year!

skrimpz

Originally posted by TangMan99
Republicans are the ones that are always right.

(Oh crap, here come the torches . Now where can I run and hide) :D

That a pretty lame statement to make just because of your opinon. And just because Aquaman can ansewer some statements doesn't make him right either. Espically when defending a man you revoked a law that he instated becuase of his own daughters. ( law if underage drinker get caught drinking three times they are to be put in jail, but bush quickly revoked once his own daughters had gotten twice)

aquaman

Originally posted by Skrimpz
That a pretty lame statement to make just because of your opinon. And just because Aquaman can ansewer some statements doesn't make him right either. Espically when defending a man you revoked a law that he instated becuase of his own daughters. ( law if underage drinker get caught drinking three times they are to be put in jail, but bush quickly revoked once his own daughters had gotten twice)

Never said it made me right. I am happy to disagree with you, and do not take any offence to your disagreement. As for what TangMan99 said, i do think he was making a joke, as it is common for both sides to make this same joke.
As for the president Bush changing the law thing, sorry you are dead wrong!
Quote from CNN (a liberal new network BTW)
“Punishments for such misdemeanors include a maximum fine of $500, a driver's license suspension, community service and attendance at an alcohol awareness class. Jail time is not an option in such cases.”
Bush had nothing to do with this whatsoever, it was already the law. Even if he were want to change the law it would not help his daughter as it is not retroactive.
I do not mind debate or disagreement, but please try to get the facts right. And just for your information Jenna Bush will have to take an alcohol awareness class and complete eight hours of community service. In addition, she was ordered by Judge Earle to pay $51.25 in court costs. This is the standard punishment and not special treatment.
Lastly, I believe she and everyone else that does this gets off what to easy, but at least she was not drinking and driving…cough…Ted Kennedy…cough..

skrimpz

Sorry im not up to date on such political issues. Betwwen school,work,pets and social life dont always have time to check out the accuaty of issues but i was told that info by someone that voted for bush so i assumed he knew what he was talking bout i will have to beat him is your info was right. An a whole 51.25 doesn't really make that much of a dent in your pocket when ur the pres daughter.

aquaman

An a whole 51.25 doesn't really make that much of a dent in your pocket when ur the pres daughter.

As stated before I do not believe this is adequate punishment for anyone...rich or not!
Hey we can still disagree, and I wont think any less of you. Cool?

skrimpz

hey how come i my post number thing hasn't gone up when i posted on this form, does each form only count once? thanx

aquaman

I have noticed that too, my guess it it does not count towards your number because it is not aquarium related, but i do not know for sure.

tangman99

That a pretty lame statement to make just because of your opinon.

Uh, yeah. It was a joke. But I am a Diehard Republican anyway.

moraym

Espically when defending a man you revoked a law that he instated becuase of his own daughters.

Not to start a whole other debate, but I seem to remember President Clinton pardoning a bunch of people the end of his Presidency, many of which had direct or indirect connections to him. Keeping your friends out of jail seems to be tied to Dems as well.

beth

Administrator
Staff member

hey how come i my post number thing hasn't gone up when i posted on this form, does each form only count once? thanx

Posts in the Aqurium don't count. Only in the hobby forums where participation as a hobbyist counts.