return from sump blowing bubbles..

nel621

I have a similar wet/dry from that company. In the begining,about aweek ago I was having the same problem.Every now and then a burst of micro bubbles then some micro bubbles then a burst. I discoverd that 1, the sponge will take a bit of time,several days to become less dense. It is actually slowing the flow of water to the return portion of the wet-dry.2 the return pump is sucking air. Not enough water in that return section for the pump to function correctly.All I did was add more water to the return section until there were np more bubbles being blown in.I then shut eveything down to make sure the wet dry didn't overflow.Now it works ok. Hope this helps. The problem is not in your connections but in the amount of water in your return section on the wet dry.

ophiura

How did you set up and start your filter running?
The best way, IMO, is to turn the return off. When the tank drains, the water level should be about an inch or so from the top of the wet dry. Add water if you need to. Then turn the pump on, and MARK THIS WATER LINE. When you top off, top off to this water line (and don't go over). THis way you know if the power goes out, your tank will not overflow, but you have the maximum amount of water in ths sump. The "universal" water line may not work for your system.

ophiura

Originally Posted by peckhead
i have the water at the sticker that says water level..do you have it higher?

You may need to have it higher. But it depends how you set it up.

miamishrip

i had the same problem a week ago - just lower your overhang box. this will allow more water into the sump - allowing your airpump to pump only water back into the tank. you only need to lower it not even a centimeter - you'll see the water level in the sump rise and youre good to go.

dmc888

The waterline does not have to be exact. I go over 1-3 gallons on my proclear 125 rated filter so i don't need to top off as often. I still have about 4inches space from the top lip when i pull the plug.
I would add extra water if that doesn't work take out the sponge to see if thats it, then if that doesn't work your pump might have too much gph. A ball valve should do the trick then.