Reviews on Koralias

nemo22

Was looking for reviews on all koralia powerheads. how strong is each model? what size tank it is used in? what type of problems that people have had with them ( if any)? and compare models with other brand powerhead? thanks.

flower

Originally Posted by nemo22
http:///forum/post/3177153
Was looking for reviews on all koralia powerheads. how strong is each model? what size tank it is used in? what type of problems that people have had with them ( if any)? and compare models with other brand powerhead? thanks.

Here is my review:
I own 5 of them and LOVE them..I HATE mag jets.

flower

Here is one I thought about getting, If and when my Koralias start to go, it looks pretty good... but pricey. It is $300.00 but it puts out the amount of 2 power heads and sends the water in different directions. The biggest plus is the size.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3177502

Here is one I thought about getting, If and when my Koralias start to go, it looks pretty good... but pricey. It is $300.00 but it puts out the amount of 2 power heads and sends the water in different directions. The biggest plus is the size.
WOOHOO....A little too pricey for me...If I was gonna spend that much I would get one of these...I like that the motor is on the outside...BUT I don't think they are for big tanks
Attachment 235012

mastertech

Originally Posted by mastertech
http:///forum/post/3177460
google search "hydro koralia homepage" and look at it. (cant give direct links due to forum rules)
wow.. i only concentrated on the 2nd and 3rd question.
i love mine and mave had no problems. they are the most bang for your buck.
you can buy better though.

jackri

I've bought 4 of the size 4's. If you have snails (astrea in particular) you'll definately want to keep the guards on the ends. When I had the size 3's my snails would go in and the props would rub on the snails wearing them down to nubs and making them pretty much ineffective.
Love them over the mag's and a lot cheaper than the Tunze I have. Tunze is a lot better but I agree in being the best bang for the buck.

btldreef

I love Koralia and thing they're the best power head for the money.
I have two 4's and two 2's in my 155G. They're wonderful!

small triggers

i have one,,,, it was from my nano tank... now i have it in my 150g for a weird dead spot i get in the front corner,,, works great.. as far as flow the nano keeps the diatoms from forming on the sand almost 2 feet away....thats pretty good flow for me...

casper1875

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3177508
WOOHOO....A little too pricey for me...If I was gonna spend that much I would get one of these...I like that the motor is on the outside...BUT I don't think they are for big tanks
Attachment 235012
They have these for nano tanks. I really like the VorTechs. The lfs has one in a 90 gallon tank and it is great. One of the guys that works there was showing all the special features and I was very impressed. They have a feed mode and a night mode that slow the flow down. You can buy battery backup that is good for at least 24 hours. So if you leave for work and the power goes out you'll still have your water moving. I have them on my list. You can even adjust the flow for them. No wires in the aquarium! You have to be careful when you set them up. They need to be lined up perfectly. And it's really quiet.

ironeagle2006

Lets see here in my 24 Nano I have a #1 and I love it in there. My wifes 44 Pentagon Seahorse that is almost done Cycling has a Nano in it. MY 150 has 2 #4's one on each side and a #3 in the back. I might PU a #2 to help shove the water up from the bottom soon. However I love them. For my 450 I will be getting the Magnums more than likely 4#8's and then 2#4's also.

J

jstdv8

only downside Ive seen to them is that they burn out if you wanted to put them on a wave maker. they do sell controllable ones that work witht he hydor wave maker, but they are about twice the price of the regular ones.
Koralias have an awesome width of water they make flow. Most others are more one pointed direction and doesnt spread much. not counting the vortechs :)

mie

I have a #2 and a #4 on opposing sides of my tank with really good movement. I love them. FYI dont hook them up to a timer, they do not like to be turned off and on.