Rick's Seahorse Pics!

sueandherzoo

Now all we have to do is get Nova back on this thread and convince him to start what he finished. WE WANT PIX, even if they are outdated now!
Sue

novahobbies

No, I'm afraid I was never set up properly for the babies, so they didn't make it.
H. reidis are one of the most difficult of seahorse fry to raise, in part because of their size at birth: they are some of the smallest fry of all the seahorse sp.
Mine bred like rabbits in the summer, more or less, and stopped when the water temp went down a little. Since I'm STILL not set up to deal with the babies, I'm going to keep the temp down and try to get everything together to make a good pseudo-kreissel system to rear the babies in. In the meantime, yes I have a few blurry images somewhere on a hard drive. If I find them, I'll post them.

meowzer

Do they have to have a feeding dish? And if the frozen food comes in cubes...how do you get it to stay in there?

sueandherzoo

Wait - this article in question - is it the one you sent me the other day? If so I don't remember anything in there about keeping the food in the dish - you holding out on me?????
Sue