RICORDEA YUMA (how much they worth??)

S

spike_501

heres a few pics of some yuma, how much would you guys pay for these....? int he order of viewing could you fgive you results
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
thanks!
and what one do you like the most? beuties arnt they!

S

spike_501

Also how rare are these in the USA? im from england and they are very very rare u dont see these normally,

chunks

Yuma with those colors could go for quite a bit. On an online vendor i managed to find yumas like that for as low as $20, but normally I would guess 35-45 if they're over 2"

S

spike_501

can anyone be a HUGE HUGE HUGE help?? i know of people in the usa who ship rare ricordea to the uk. been looking for ages but cant find anyone... i know someone who get them from the divers from where the ricordea come from, but he wont tell me where he gets them from, these 3 yuma are from him. i just wondered if anyone could advise me?? would be a huge huge help because yuma like this are so so expensive in the UK beacuse if you see one it probably wont be available again

bonebrake

How would you ship them to the UK? I would not think the survival rate would be very good if they were in boxes for more than three or four days maximum. Can they get there that fast for a reasonable shipping cost?

bonebrake

Answering your original question...
I would pay no more than $20 US each for them in person.
However, in the UK, I have heard ricordea polyps that are $20 in the US can go for 50-100 pounds there.
:joy:

S

spike_501

they do ship them but i think its alot of £££££££ to ship them but if you buy in bulk its not too much because you get more for your money it kinda makes it more worth it

chunks

IF you send me the money and cover shipping, ill buy some in bulk for you. I know several wholesale places that I buy my coral from. They pack with O2, i could throw in a cold pack or two and have it sent to you. I cant gaurentee any live arrival, but as long as im not breaking any laws id be willing to do it.

S

spike_501

Chunks- would you be okay to exchange emails? my email is levdon01@aol.com drop me a line, and discuss this further, if you could get ricordea of that quality i would be interested . look forward to hearing from you

S

spike_501

im not actually sure to be honest wil try to find out, of course it might not have a name tho!
thankyou to everyone who has emailed me by the way

hardcrab67

Hey Spike did you ever find a name for those Rics?
I was going to get an Orange Ric the other day but he wouldn't come off the rock. Decided to go with these Hairys instead.

N

n_sarno

I'd pay no more then $20 for those. I've seen ones like that before.. In a petstore it would fetch a higher price but everything fetches a higher price in the petstore! It also depends on the size.. i picked up a gorgeous yuma w/ a purple base or w/e and green bubbles.. and its like 5-6 inches across.. anyway it was $20 from a local reefer.. I have more which are a little smaller like 2inches across or so.. that I got as a trade.. but they're probably worth about 15-20 each.. and the large one I'd say $50+ for it..
so not only IMO does it depend on color and beauty.. it also depends on size!

puffer32

theappe said:
check these babies out. I got this rock recently. Must have like 15 of these yuma's on it.

[/QUOTE
I was told those were just ricordia mushrooms, not yumas, I bought those and they were much cheaper (around 20.00) the ricordia yuma's are different, they have bumps going into their mouths, ric mushrooms do not. I believe what the first poster showed pics of are true ric yuma's, and are very pricey.

fishieness

puffer32 said:
Originally Posted by theappe
check these babies out. I got this rock recently. Must have like 15 of these yuma's on it.
[/QUOTE
I was told those were just ricordia mushrooms, not yumas, I bought those and they were much cheaper (around 20.00) the ricordia yuma's are different, they have bumps going into their mouths, ric mushrooms do not. I believe what the first poster showed pics of are true ric yuma's, and are very pricey.
they are ricordrias.... ricordira yumma
Ricordria yumma are the ones that have the bumps going all the way up the mouths, and if you look closely you will see that the ones in the pics do, as well as the ones originaly posted. You are thinkign of ricordria florida as the ones without the bumps along the mouths. These are often also only one-two colors, and less scattered in color.