Ripped off!!!

sid2003

I'm probably not supposed to mention this on this site but I am going to try and spare anyone else who might make my mistake. I recently went online and purchased 50 lbs of live rock from Aquatic Connection. It has been 3 weeks now and no live rock. They charged me $300 for the rocks and $200 more for shipping to Hawaii. They never sent me an invoice or tracking number and they wont answer my phone calls. When I call from someone elses phone they answer. Then I ask for a tracking number and why it is taking so long they reply with they dont know and they wont give me a tracking number because they dont have one. I urge everyone to stay away from this site!

coastie81

Originally Posted by Sid2003
http:///forum/post/2790368
I'm probably not supposed to mention this on this site but I am going to try and spare anyone else who might make my mistake. I recently went online and purchased 50 lbs of live rock from Aquatic Connection. It has been 3 weeks now and no live rock. They charged me $300 for the rocks and $200 more for shipping to Hawaii. They never sent me an invoice or tracking number and they wont answer my phone calls. When I call from someone elses phone they answer. Then I ask for a tracking number and why it is taking so long they reply with they dont know and they wont give me a tracking number because they dont have one. I urge everyone to stay away from this site!
I had that same problem with them I ordered 60#'s of live sand. I called numerous times and they would sometimes answer my phone call but most of the time they wouldn't and when I would call from a different phone they always answered. It took about 6 weeks for my sand to show up after threating them and I also reported them to the better buisness bureau and they investigated it and the reply was from aquatic connection was that the package was damaged in transit and sent back to them. But funny thing was that He never told me that ever and I called him about 20 times a day before he would even answer. finally when he did send me a tracking number it was wrong and still couldn't track the package. Like I said finally after threatening him he finally said the packagae was sent. Funny story is that he sent the package like a 2 weeks before it finally arrived and the postage date on the box was like 2 days before it made it to my house...
Sorry to hear that sid2003, keep calling them like 20 times a day and also go to the better buisness bureau and file a complaint about them. it seems that after I did that the sand finally showed up. Good luck and let me know how it turns out
Word of wisdom is stay away from this site. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM, THEY ARE LIARS AND SCAMMERS.

peef

Get your CC company to stop the charge and you MUST report them to the BBB!!!!!!!

sid2003

Originally Posted by coastie81
http:///forum/post/2790387
I had that same problem with them I ordered 60#'s of live sand. I called numerous times and they would sometimes answer my phone call but most of the time they wouldn't and when I would call from a different phone they always answered. It took about 6 weeks for my sand to show up after threating them and I also reported them to the better buisness bureau and they investigated it and the reply was from aquatic connection was that the package was damaged in transit and sent back to them. But funny thing was that He never told me that ever and I called him about 20 times a day before he would even answer. finally when he did send me a tracking number it was wrong and still couldn't track the package. Like I said finally after threatening him he finally said the packagae was sent. Funny story is that he sent the package like a 2 weeks before it finally arrived and the postage date on the box was like 2 days before it made it to my house...
Sorry to hear that sid2003, keep calling them like 20 times a day and also go to the better buisness bureau and file a complaint about them. it seems that after I did that the sand finally showed up. Good luck and let me know how it turns out
Word of wisdom is stay away from this site. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM, THEY ARE LIARS AND SCAMMERS.
Sounds like you went through the exact thing I am going through. He gave me the wrong tracking number too! I called the credit card company and they said I have to wait 30 days before I can dispute the charge. I know he screens my calls too because like you said I will call from my phone and no answer, someone elses and they answer.

spankey

File a report with the better business bureau and the other companies that can post info public. If enough people would do this it would force him to turn his business around and run it properly.
Sorry to hear this but the chargeback will be your best bet and he won't be able to argue it one bit.
Check other forums too and see if they are sponsors on them. You might be able to register and drag them out in public.....
Either way good luck and I have a feeling you will be getting your money back!
Spankey

spankey

Yeah it is amazing how a website can look legit and then crush the consumer in the end. I should try to call them to see if they answer and tell them that there are some upset reefers looking for goods they purchased.
I mean, this is what really burns me up. These websites like SWF and other forums are usually 50% of their business. People post feedback or good results which triggers more sales. When people start banding together posting bad, it can KILL their business.
I will give you a very good example of what happened to me once. I bought a light fixture and lost the receipt. I paid cash for it too at a local pet store. The ballast went bad after about two months. I called the store and they said contact the company. I did this, they wanted a receipt. I then contacted the store back and the store couldn't do anything for me seeing how I paid cash for the item. So I thought to myself, it has a 1 year warranty on it. The company should make good end of story. They wanted proof it was two months old.
I told the customer service rep that I am on multiple saltwater forums out there. I am NOT pulling a fast one on them, it was 100% legit. She didn't seem to budge. I then said, well I guess I will have to post feedback to the over 3 million readers and hobbyists out there to NEVER buy your products again, that the customer service is the worst and then see how their business goes. I told the woman that we all use these forums for starting points of research when we make purchases and such. She was silent. I said "Hello, are you still there"? She said "yes, I need all your info to send you out a new ballast"! I Said thank you. I told her that I didn't want to go there but she left me no final choice. There was no way I was buying a new one seeing how the fixture was only two months old. Sure enough they overnighted me a ballast and I posted great feedback as a kind thank you!
These companies don't realize that it is mostly all of us that keep them in business.
Good luck dude and all the other reefers that got taken by this company. I wish you all the best!
Spankey

spiderwoman

Dang! Sorry you have found one of the *bad* ones. If you Google *Aquatic Connection consumer* you'll see quite a few complaints against them on different consumer sites. I'd have your CC company dispute the charge. Then I'd email the company and tell them that you have contacted BBB, the local TV station at the company's location, filed other complaints on these consumer sites and that you will get your money back. Rub their nose on it. They can't get away with this kind of crap.
PS do contact the TV station...

spankey

I agree, it's not like you are out $20, it's allot of money you are out and you need to recover every cent. Especially today, allot can't afford to loose a dime!

sid2003

I filed a complaint with the BBB and I am going to call him on Monday, on someone elses phone so he will answer, and try to work out a solution. Wish me luck. Thanks for the support everyone. I have certainly learned my lesson to research the company before I invest money in a scam. I agree with whoever said the site looks legitimate but I guess looks can definitely be deceiving!

ilovemytank

Ok I have a suggestion to attempt for you to get your stuff or money back. I agree with the charge back and BBB and all the other suggetsions. Mine is in addition to all this.
I say all of the great people on this forum each take three minutes of there time and email aquatic connection by there "contact us by email" customer service option on there web site. We all tell them what we think about what they are doing and that we are all making sure everyone on every forum are being informed of there business practice.
I'll gladly be the first one if you would like. Just let me know.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Ilovemytank
http:///forum/post/2790807
Ok I have a suggestion to attempt for you to get your stuff or money back. I agree with the charge back and BBB and all the other suggetsions. Mine is in addition to all this.
I say all of the great people on this forum each take three minutes of there time and email aquatic connection by there "contact us by email" customer service option on there web site. We all tell them what we think about what they are doing and that we are all making sure everyone on every forum are being informed of there business practice.
I'll gladly be the first one if you would like. Just let me know.
I'd say hold off on the email idea. Let's see if he gets his money back first. You don't want to piss them off so bad that they'll disappear completely and he loses any chance on getting his money back. They can claim that he has been spreading rumors about them that negatively affect their business. Only the people who have had negative dealings with this company should be in contact with them.

kaingers

Not to mention their comment icon doesn't work. It comes up with a message that says " could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed" apparently they don't care what their customers think.

spankey

The email function does work under the "Contact Us" in the upper right? Just checked and it does work. But the holding off on the email is a good thing to do until we see if others come forward. I don't have any issues emailing as well if the parties wish me or us to.
Anything to help!