RO/DI unit and HOB skimmer question

alright, here we go, this is a two part question :p, i was wondering what people feel is a good choice for a RO/DI unit, i don't need but 25gpd, my tank is only a 55g, i would prefer not to spend more than $150 or so but i also no cheap is usually cheap for a reason and that there are people WAY more experienced here than me and would love to hear whatever anyone has to say.
As for the second question i would like to know if there is a HOB skimmer that is reefer "approved", i don't have a sump setup
i made one but broke it while trying to install it
, anyway i use seaclone protein skimmer and as anyone who has used one in the past...they arnt the best, but my tank is very slim-ly stocked and i do frequent water changes, anyway any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks alot.

meowzer

Airwaterice make good ro/di units and you can get one easily under $150
On the skimmer they have a CPR BakPak 2 I have been looking into..run about $130

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by natclanwy
http:///forum/post/3015585
The AquaC Remora and the Octopus HOB skimmers both come highly recommended.
+1/2
I don't have any experience with AquaC so I can't recommend it...but I've heard it's good. Octo is what I'm plus one...ing
As far as ro/di, I like thefilterguys.biz however this may be out of your price range, I am not sure...but it's definitely worth a look and the people there are absolutely amazing. Just generally good human beings that treat there customers well. But for 150 bucks and size standards that low, it shouldn't be too big of a problem finding something.