ro/di unit

stang

I just got an WaterGeneral 6-stage 110 gal/day Reverse Osmosis Water System+2DI filters system and it is only producing about 5 gals in 3 hrs time.
I connected it through my utility room with garden hose attachment and the gauge is reading 50 psi.
Im pretty dissapointed and wondering if anyone else has had a simular experience and/or tips.

bang guy

Is the water going into the filter really cold?
Have you measured the amount of waste water per gallon of product?

stang

yes the water is pretty cold going through.
No I have not measured amount waste water per gallon of product. The stream outta the waste looks pretty hard from the 1/4 tubing as the product tube is just dribbling.
Getting late for me so tomorrow I'll get a measurement.
Thanks for any help and I'm also wating for response from seller.

cveverly

I think most RO units work best at 60 PSI or higher. High TDS, cold supply and low pressure all contribute to lower output than advertised GPD.

chris17

I would def check your TDS meter. For now I am running with pretty cold water and about 50-55 psi and still getting around 1g of water in about 20 min. My RO/DI is only a 75gpd 4 stage and it's runnin right about that. My TDS is only about 250 tho, and I would guess that with a higher TDS and 6 stages your unit will run slow. I would let it run for a couple hours and if it does'nt speed up, maybe take it apart just to make sure there isn't anything slowing it down. Maybe something got stuck in a line... who knows, it could happen. HTH
Chris

cveverly

I just noticed you have the same brand I have. I never timed a gallon but in about an hour my pressure tank is full and I get a little over 2 gallon out of it. It might make more but this is a rough idea of what mine puts out.

fats71

I have the typhoon III the 150gph unit. In missouri I was at 80 psi and the water for cold was not real cold. I moved here to palm coast florida and my water temp seems like it is freezing and my psi is 45 to 50. The water flow from is the same coming out of the faucet but the cold cold water must be causing my issue and perhaps yours.

t316

I have cold water going in, and only about 28 psi, so it's slow, but I just leave it on overnight filling up a 55 gal. tub, with a note to turn it off the next morning.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Stang
http:///forum/post/2849528
yes the water is pretty cold going through.
No I have not measured amount waste water per gallon of product. The stream outta the waste looks pretty hard from the 1/4 tubing as the product tube is just dribbling.
Getting late for me so tomorrow I'll get a measurement.
Thanks for any help and I'm also wating for response from seller.
If you can warm your water up to room temp then the RO will function much more efficiently.
Also make sure you have the restrictor on the correct line. It needs to be on the waste line.

stang

I measured waste to product and have 3.75 gal to 1. Also took a temp in the product that was 57deg.
When I recieved unit it was preassembled; I just had to connect the dispensing tubing, drain tubing and the feed valve & tube. Did double check and the restrictor is in waste line.
So maybe the cold water, Im at a loss how Im going to get it warmed up.

stang

Fats71 Im in Il right across st louis. Seems odd water temp would go down from Mo to Fl.. LOL
Its 42 deg here right now and I know that water line runs straight up the basement wall. with the earth and concrete wall that line must be pretty chilled.

fats71

Originally Posted by Stang
http:///forum/post/2850022
Fats71 Im in Il right across st louis. Seems odd water temp would go down from Mo to Fl.. LOL
Its 42 deg here right now and I know that water line runs straight up the basement wall. with the earth and concrete wall that line must be pretty chilled.
Well, It was summer the whole time I used it for the most part. I left Mo. 2 months ago...
I spoke too the guys at air water & ice don in particular about it and he is sending me all new filters for free. I have had the unit for 9 months and honestly a impressed. These guys are awsome. I would recommend typhoon and air water and ice to anyone.