RO/DI Units

bryonrw

What do you all do with your RO/DI wastewater?
Currently I have it dump into a trashcan. Then I dump that onto the lawn when the can gets full. I guess that this can be used for emergency water.
I was thinking about somehow hooking that water up to my sprinkler system… but anyhow so what do you guys to with your wastewater?
-Bryon

robvia

If you are talking about the none pure water that comes out of the RO/DI unit, most instructions just tell you to pipe it to a drain somehow. Mine goes out my washing machine drain. The unit is in my laundry room.

nimic

How much waste water does the typical 100gpd RO/DI unit produce in a days operation?

robvia

You don't use 100 gallons per day. If you use 5 gallons per day on average you would waste 20 gallons per day. Cut your shower by 30 seconds and that will make up for it. I have a 90 gallon tank, and I bet one an average I don't use 2 gallons per day.

baddlord77

WOW.....:thinking: hate to see my new water bill also...have my kentmarine setup for more than 2 weeks.........:eek:

robvia

I highly doubt you will notice a difference in your bill. Water your lawn some and your bill will skyrocket, at least here in the carolinas it will. You just don't use that much water for a fish tank.