RO/DI water - need to add anything??

dav

When using ro/di water for water changes, do you need to add anything other than salt? And, do you still need to let it set for so long before adding it?? :notsure:

D

daniel411

I still place it in a bucket with a power head and heater to aerate and bring it upto temp before adding.
While most people don't add anything to it, especially for make up water. I've started adding "RO right"(?) I think thats it, for my top off water.

T

thomas712

Water change water is where you use RO or RO/DI or just DI water and mix your salt in it. No other additves on my part.
Top off water is where you just replace the water that has evaporated with RO or RO/DI or just DI water. You add nothing to it, just water to preplace the evaporation.
Thomas

jeepboy

I really don't have any comment about the water changes I do mine exactly like Daniel although I don't add anything but salt. I just wanted to comment on your user name that looks like a fish....very cool!!!!

saltyj

I will second the <"(((>< being awesome that is a great user name. But how is it pronounced?
:hilarious

dav

Thanks guys - about the name and the info. But one more thing, does the new water need to be the same temp. as the tank?? Doing 25g change on 135g.

dburr

the hobbiest formerly known as .....
Fishy????:confused: What's the answer?
does the new water need to be the same temp. as the tank??
It is recomended.