RO/DI Water

mjm889

I finally purchased a RO/DI Unit and it works great, I was tired of algae blooms after every water change which I do weekly, My question to everyone is that my RO/DI water is in a 30 gallon drum and to heat the water I have to place a heater in it, is it ok to run a powerhead to keep the water circulated until its time to use the water, I guess I'm looking to see what you guys do, Thanks in advance - Mike

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm889 http:///t/394676/ro-di-water#post_3512914
I finally purchased a RO/DI Unit and it works great, I was tired of algae blooms after every water change which I do weekly, My question to everyone is that my RO/DI water is in a 30 gallon drum and to heat the water I have to place a heater in it, is it ok to run a powerhead to keep the water circulated until its time to use the water, I guess I'm looking to see what you guys do, Thanks in advance - Mike
I keep my fresh RO/DI water in a 32g brute trash can. I do not heat it nor do I have a powerhead in there to circulate. I have never had any issues. I cover the can to keep dust and such out of it but other then that, that's it.
I do heat and circulate the water after its transferred to a different mixing container for making up fresh salt water for a WC.
HTH's

meowzer

I keep 12 gallons of ro/di made up at all times in a trash can...no heater or powerhead
WHEN I mix....I transfer to a large brute....heat and aerate