RO Unit Question

meowzer

I do not currently have a ro unit...am looking at one now, but it must be inexpensive, and also one I can hook up easily to kitchen sink. I am looking at a coralife Pure Flo Ro unit that says 24gpd.....can't I just hook this thing up and run my water thru it? Does it really take all day for 24g???
Any suggestions...Like I said I need something portable and inexpensive....

jackri

Yes it really does take that long. You get a very slow trickle -- you can get larger units that do 50/75 gallons a day but you'll pay more.

meowzer

Well for one tank I need 5-7 gallons, and the other I would need 25g....So this is something you would leave hooked up for a lengthy time then????

meowzer

OK, I am going to order an ro/di unit, and also pick up a 30g trash can (WITH WHEELS..LOL)...SO I am just going to do top-offs and not do water changes until I get it?
The 30g trash can should be big enough for both tanks...mt 54g will get 6g changes, and my 225g will get 22g changes....I will also keep water for top-offs...I think I am averaging a gallon a day in my big tank.

bill109

not sure if you check this anymore..
but what did u end up with?
did u get an ro or a ro/di?
also does it have a tds,or conductivity meter and a psi meter for water pressure?
i was looking at the same one but it is the coralife pure flo II. it does not have any gauges though??

cglover226

bulk reef supply has some nice units.... i got my stage 5 ro/di 75gpd from them for around 150 - i believe i caught a sale before xmas but the reg price was still not too bad... and i use mine as a portable also- leave it store away and hook it up to the sink when i need it

bill109

Originally Posted by cglover226
http:///forum/post/2894430
bulk reef supply has some nice units.... i got my stage 5 ro/di 75gpd from them for around 150 - i believe i caught a sale before xmas but the reg price was still not too bad... and i use mine as a portable also- leave it store away and hook it up to the sink when i need it
i thought you were not supposed to do that because the membrane wil dry out?

meowzer

Originally Posted by bill109
http:///forum/post/2894368
not sure if you check this anymore..
but what did u end up with?
did u get an ro or a ro/di?
also does it have a tds,or conductivity meter and a psi meter for water pressure?
i was looking at the same one but it is the coralife pure flo II. it does not have any gauges though??
I actually changed my mind on that unit...for right now I am getting the first unit pictured here... it is temporary until I can afford one like the 2nd picture....The 2nd one is $150....and will do the job that I need it to do.
I don't see anything about testers or meters though...

bill109

oh, i was told to look at buckeye field supply, BFS 161.
that is the one i am planning to go with it is a little more than 150 but i have been told it is a very very good unit.

meowzer

I'm adding that to my favorites so I can compare when I am ready...thx
And if you go with the value series...they are cheaper.