ROCK NEM. OR ZOA?

katsafados

What are these? They appeared to pop out when I got my metal halide lights. they arent attached with a mat like zoas are, and the tubes seem to be comming out from the rock. I'm leaning more towards some pest nem then zoas. What do you think?

katsafados

But don't they usually grow in a matt(each polyp connected to the next), these seem to be more individual and multiplying quicker.

katsafados

Okay, I'll leave them. They will probably die anyways, since they are in the middle of a flourishing mushroom rock lol. They wont get any light, and the shrooms can potentially sting and kill them.

teresaq

Palys usually grow individual, where as zoas grow on a mat. look at the stems, at the base, so the look like they have sand attached to them??
they look like palys in those pics, but they are kinda blurry, can you get a clearer pic??

kzoobenjamin

Looks like majano or some closely related pest anemone. The "multiplying quicker" part also makes me think that.

katsafados

The stems go right into the rock, so I cant tell if they have sand or anything. They are also really tiny, so I think thats the best picture I can get.
The centers are a nice blue colour, and most of the palys I've seen are one colour, usually yellow or brown

meowzer

thsi is the best pic I could find right now.....look at the paly in the back...see how it stands on its own

katsafados

Yeah, I'll leave them and see what happens. Like I said my shrooms are shading them, and the shrooms still open with no problem, soI doubt anything will get hurt right now.