rockwork layout photos here!

npage

05xrunner, how many lbs of LR is that?
I have a 75 also and am going to get my LR any day now.

cam78

Here's mine. I'll try to get a better one later, when sun goes down. I'm fooling around with my camera so i figured I would post it. I am open for constructive critisism.

wangotango

looks cool diablo! i really like the tonga. if i had the chance i would have liked to have used more of it in my tank. are you doing a reef?
-Justin

Diablo I like your branch. it adds a unique touch and your fish will love your set up. swimming in and out will be entertaining.

cam78

Oh yeah see that brown lump between the clown and the Brain, thats a Nassau Snail I got today. It is HUGE, the biggest I ever saw. I got two of them, the other is buried already.

puffer32

First pic is my new 55, took me days to get the rocks just right, 2nd is my 150, won't even try to guess how long that took me

rainmaker6

Originally Posted by CAM78
Here's mine. I'll try to get a better one later, when sun goes down. I'm fooling around with my camera so i figured I would post it. I am open for constructive critisism.

The curved horizons of the upper and lower (red) areas are telling me that you are using a very wide angle lens, 17mm or less, or being to close with a regular wide angle, 35mm. Try to use a longer focal length of at least 50mm or move back a little. The green area, scratches?
Of course, always clean the glass inside and out before photos and a tripod can be handy. The focus is just a little soft, but acceptable for a smaller image.
The lighting is great, just the tank lights?
What type of camera are you using?
Edit: Forgot to add mine. Just moved 33 to 55 and need to get more rock. Added substrate now, 3/8" crushed coral, just for looks.

cam78

Rainmaker6 said:

The curved horizons of the upper and lower (red) areas are telling me that you are using a very wide angle lens, 17mm or less, or being to close with a regular wide angle, 35mm. Try to use a longer focal length of at least 50mm or move back a little. The green area, scratches?
Of course, always clean the glass inside and out before photos and a tripod can be handy. The focus is just a little soft, but acceptable for a smaller image.
The lighting is great, just the tank lights?
What type of camera are you using?
It has that wide angle look because it is a bow front tank. Could that be what you are talking about? As for the "focal length" how do I change that? Also what do you mean about focus is a little soft? How do I correct that? It is a cannon Power Shot A80. Any suggestions would be great.

conch

Here's a couple of shots of mine, Just changed the rock about 3 weeks ago

A close up of the center

the Left Side

The Conch on the right

diablo

looking at doing a aggressive reef. not quite shure yet.
Originally Posted by WangoTango
looks cool diablo! i really like the tonga. if i had the chance i would have liked to have used more of it in my tank. are you doing a reef?
-Justin

diablo

there are so many cave and holes. this is going to be a fun tank. thanks for the complements... oh yeah I tested the water and its good to go!
Originally Posted by TriggerPhish
Diablo I like your branch. it adds a unique touch and your fish will love your set up. swimming in and out will be entertaining.

goingpoor

ok wonted to see if putting a video in here works if so enjoy dont mind my kids are loud in backgrouind lol

My tank is almost 2 months old..so I'm still working on my aquascaping skills.Mixing different rocks makes it just that much more difficult.(Uaniva,Tonga Branch and Figi Liverock)