rodi sys malfunction?

jtkld75

I jsut hooked up a rodi sys, and it seems that more is coming out the waste end than the water dispenser end?? Can somone please help me........Thanks
Let me just edit this right now.. i have a stream coming out of the waste end and a couple of dribbles out of the dispensing end.....help!!

jtkld75

ok,one thing im confused on though. It says, 110gpd, how is that possible at that rate? Are they including the wastewater?

birdy

nope that is just the good water, you will be suprised at how much water you will make in a 24hr period. And yes when I first saw how much waste the unit made I s*** a brick, it now spills into my washing machine and I use it to wash clothes (waste not want not).

jtkld75

thanks for the good idea of puting it on the washing machine. Doyou mean you just dump it in there, or you have it hooked to the cold water line?
Bang, where should(is) the restrictor located?
thanks again.

bang guy

It's a plastic sleeve that should be located in the waste tubing right at the waste output of the RO unit.
You need to discard the first dozen gallons anyway so it's a good time to calibrate the restrictor. If you're getting a ratio less than 4:1 of waste to good (like 1:1) then you need to shorten the restrictor a little bit. 4:1 is a good ratio that keep the RO membrane clean and still doesn't waste a lot.
The RO waste is perfectly drinkable. I actually use it for my swimming pool.