Rose Tipped Bubble Anemone is Moving

raseri

So we got the cutest little Rose Tipped Bubble anemone yesterday. The only catch was that my BF didn't want it moving all over our tank.. I woke up this morning hoping to see it still in the spot we put it.. But sadly no.. She moves about an inch lower. Does anyone know of anyway to get these guys to stay? Or if they will move alot? Hopefully not.. Here's a picture of it..

I know it's a horrible picture but it was taken with my phone cause I can't upload pictures with my camera right now.. Right above it is a little chunk of rock that we originally had it on.. And you can see how it moved. Any help would be appreciated!! :D

S

smartorl

You really can't place an anemone, however you can put it where you would like it to be and cross your fingers that he also likes the spot.

This is the primary reason I have shied away from getting any more anemones.

Recently, I broke down and got an LTA for my clowns who were hosting my corals do death. I was able to "corral" mine using clam shells and have him anchor right where I wanted him. I have no doubt that luck and alot of thought as to where I thought the conditions were optimal for him played a part.

meowzer

What type of lighting do you have? An anemone will move until IT decides where it wants to be. DO NOT try to place it where you want it. That will only stress it and lead to its death

raseri

We have use 4 T5 bulbs.. Other then that I don't know much about our hardware.. That's my BF's job. I know the critters.. >.<... Don't they like high lighting? :p We put her neat the top on a nice flat rock with medium flow.. So we were hopeing she would stay. :p Guess not..

raseri

I thought I heard/read somewhere that you might be able to lure them with some food, is that possible?.. Or is there a downside cause it might not be good for some reason?..

S

smartorl

Good luck, mine isn't exactly where I wanted it but close enough!

raseri

I just don't want it to go to a place where I won't be able to see it, it's such a pretty little thing. :3