Roses

monsinour

Our rose bushes are in bloom. I have no idea how many there are but there seems to be way more than I can appreciate. The first pic is of the bush to the left of the door and is the older of the 2. It was a mom's day present many years ago.

This one is newer and was a mom's day gift about 4 or 5 years ago. The reason for the 2 different kinds of roses is that the pink ones were grafted onto the red one. The red one was just supposed to support the graft but apparently it took off as well.

We should have roses blooming for about a month or so before they all die off. Every summer its like this and I just wanted to share it.

meowzer

Beautiful.....I love roses....Mine bloomed really big, and then we had severe storms and the rain and hail knocked all the blooms off :(
waiting for the next round

darthtang aw

The simple fact this thread was started is a direct mancard violation.
The fact you thanked someone for complimenting it shows you have drank to much mikes hard lemonade.
Darth (samuel smiths oatmeal stout) Tang

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/386048/roses#post_3389029
The simple fact this thread was started is a direct mancard violation.
The fact you thanked someone for complimenting it shows you have drank to much mikes hard lemonade.
Darth (samuel smiths oatmeal stout) Tang
A man who is so parnoid about his manhood that he would never post a thread that shows his tender romantic side...may someday get a new name...Darth (all alone) Tang.
While the object of your ridicule has his lady on his arm enjoying all the joy of being a real man.....See Darth, I told you I could be mean.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I have a miniature rose bush that I got last year, and that bush is the energy bunny on steroids. I just constantly puts out bunches of little pink roses.

darthtang aw

A man who is so parnoid about his manhood that he would never post a thread that shows his tender romantic side...may someday get a new name...Darth (all alone) Tang.

While the object of your ridicule has his lady on his arm enjoying all the joy of being a real man.....See Darth, I told you I could be mean.
Its no longer romantic if the guy is the one sharing it with everyone.
I could share my proposal with everyone, but that would take away from her special moment and gift. It is up to the lady to share these moments as they are for her and her alone.
I could go into this further...but don't need to.
Darth (playing nice) Tang
P.s. that was far from mean......

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/386048/roses#post_3389048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/thread/386048/roses#post_3389038
A man who is so parnoid about his manhood that he would never post a thread that shows his tender romantic side...may someday get a new name...Darth (all alone) Tang.
While the object of your ridicule has his lady on his arm enjoying all the joy of being a real man.....See Darth, I told you I could be mean.
Its no longer romantic if the guy is the one sharing it with everyone.
I could share my proposal with everyone, but that would take away from her special moment and gift. It is up to the lady to share these moments as they are for her and her alone.
I could go into this further...but don't need to.
Darth (playing nice) Tang
P.s. that was far from mean......
AW Darth, you big romantic you.
Truth be told it's usually the men who make the great gardeners, Monsinour was not taking away from his wife's moment but showing off his rose bushes. They were beautiful and that's all that he was showing us, not something he got his wife....he was just explaining when they were planted. Men make awesome dancers and cooks too.

monsinour

I have to agree with Flower. Darth, you can sit and stew in your stout all alone pondering the gun laws and rainbow warriors. No one I know would ever date you.
All I wanted to do is show just how huge these bushes have gotten in such a short time. The missus and I were discussing moving to Hershey and she had mentioned that if we sold the house, someone would probably rip out the bushes or trim them down to nothing. It was a sad thought.

mantisman51

Beautiful flowers, Mon. I could grow them in Idaho, but unless they're in the shade here in Az, they look pretty for about 2 hours. My favorite variety is (real name) Chrysler Imperial. In Idaho I kept 3 bushes. My wife loved them.

monsinour

The bushes are supposed to be jumping abraham lincolns I believe. And people thought the names for zoos were made up and wierd.

darthtang aw

Truth be told it's usually the men who make the great gardeners, Monsinour was not taking away from his wife's moment but showing off his rose bushes. They were beautiful and that's all that he was showing us, not something he got his wife....he was just explaining when they were planted. Men make awesome dancers and cooks too.

I am not gonna deny any of that. The difference is ...oh nevermind...not worth explaining what I and a few others saw in the original post.
I have to agree with Flower. Darth, you can sit and stew in your stout all alone pondering the gun laws and rainbow warriors. No one I know would ever date you.

All I wanted to do is show just how huge these bushes have gotten in such a short time. The missus and I were discussing moving to Hershey and she had mentioned that if we sold the house, someone would probably rip out the bushes or trim them down to nothing. It was a sad thought.
Gun laws and rainbow warriors? Really? I am hurt now. Let me cuddle with the teddy bear I bought my wife for mothers day.
I will post a pic of it so you can see what a great guy I really am, sometime....I have rainbow warriors to ponder first though.
I might actually be bothered by your comments if I was the type that needed validation and praise. You should understand what I mean by that.
Guess some people can't accept joking anymore.
Carry on boosting your ego.
Darth (maybe your wife could come scold me now also) tang.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/386048/roses#post_3389104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/386048/roses#post_3389096
I am not gonna deny any of that. The difference is ...oh nevermind...not worth explaining what I and a few others saw in the original post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour
http:///forum/thread/386048/roses#post_3389098
Gun laws and rainbow warriors? Really? I am hurt now. Let me cuddle with the teddy bear I bought my wife for mothers day.
I will post a pic of it so you can see what a great guy I really am, sometime....I have rainbow warriors to ponder first though.
I might actually be bothered by your comments if I was the type that needed validation and praise. You should understand what I mean by that.
Guess some people can't accept joking anymore.
Carry on boosting your ego.
Darth (maybe your wife could come scold me now also) tang.
Well I was trying to joke back...but I'm just not good at it. Don't ever stop, I love your sarcasm. Never be afraid to admit your soft side...The teddy bear is yours right...not your wifes...