Rudest thing an lfs employee has ever said to you part 2

bpaul1201

anytime i go into lfs they always ask the size of my tank, they never give me any problems, they actually help me out more by pointing me in the right direction when it comes with selecting fish/corals/inverts! and i made a deal with one that well by my frags after i'm up and running cuz they know that the corals are going to multiply no mattter what so your going to have to trim them up every so often, not to mention all the deals i get cuz they feel sorry for me cuz of my small tank!!!

if you have a problem with people asking about your tank when you go to buy, then dont bother most of the time their trying to help you and the critter out more so then profit! but i will admit there are exception to the rule!
p.s. if a store is very clean and takes care or their critters and employees i'm willing to spend a few extra bucks for the quality or critter and people! when a store is cheap and nasty i bail!!

reefkprz

Hmm I'm friends with EVERY person local that works the fish departments around here. they are never rude to me, and sometimes ask me questions or at least my perspective on a problem they are having. occasionally a new employee wont know who I am and start asking all kinds of questions as to whether I have the right set up etcetera. its kind of fun,e I humor them and blind side them with questions about things in their tanks, both frsh and salt, give them a good runaround then usually become friends with them too. I dont think I have paid full retail for anything in a few years.
there was one exception though. there was a new kid over at pet quarters and he didnt seem to get the fact that I was joshing him and refused to sell me anything after I jokingly told him my dwarf lion fish in my 12g would love to have the panther grouper as a friend. LOL he wouldnt sell me anything to go in my tank. it was soooo funny. eventually one of his co workers explained to him (after I tried to) that I didnt really have a lion in a 12g, he just got so miffed he never spoke to me again he only worked there for a couple months though but god was the look on his face funny.

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by thud
Pretty ridiculous thread if you asked me, the fact that one has to point out that a pet shop employee was asian
i can be descriptive about moments when i was furious. youll never have any idea of why i typed asian there until uve met this person in real life or live in my community.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by ophiura
As a former LFS employee, I wonder when I can bring up the "rudest thing a customer said to me" thread?
As a former LFS manager, and employee I agree we should do the dumbest customer statements and questions thread. I think it would be a riot I have tons of them myself. at least one or more for every day I wroked in a pet store. usually far more.

clown boy

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
As a former LFS manager, and employee I agree we should do the dumbest customer statements and questions thread. I think it would be a riot I have tons of them myself. at least one or more for every day I wroked in a pet store. usually far more.
Do it! DO IT!!

S

surfinusa

And reefkprz could you please start one of those threads. I would but i dont want it to seem like I stole your and ophuira's idea.

autofreak44

if you guys dont start it i will becasue thats gonna be funny

reefkprz

Originally Posted by surfinusa
And reefkprz could you please start one of those threads. I would but i dont want it to seem like I stole your and ophuira's idea.
go ahead start it. I wont mind. I will definatly contribute.

scotts

Originally Posted by crt81
I have one!
I, to this day, cannot belive he would rather turn me down- than make a sale!
A complete jerk!!!!
I actually think this is one of the better things I have heard in a long time! I commend him and if you were closer I would ask what shop it was so I could shop there.

crt81

Again it wasn't the questions about the size of the tank that got to me- it was the way he was asking me over and over, even after I told him the size!
He never even asked what was in it, and he didn't give me the chance to tell him!
I would have loved to have told him what was in the tank!
He even made the comment to me, about looking at the tanks in the front of the store and picking out one of those and that I should just throw out that aquapod thing! He even told some of his regulars about my tank "those aquapod things"- as he called it, and began joking about it and started to laugh!
I'm sorry if I sound like I am in the wrong but the LFS guy was completely rude and out of line!

stdreb27

Hmm I'm friends with EVERY person local that works the fish departments around here. they are never rude to me, and sometimes ask me questions or at least my perspective on a problem they are having. occasionally a new employee wont know who I am and start asking all kinds of questions as to whether I have the right set up etcetera. its kind of fun,e I humor them and blind side them with questions about things in their tanks, both frsh and salt, give them a good runaround then usually become friends with them too. I dont think I have paid full retail for anything in a few years.
there was one exception though. there was a new kid over at pet quarters and he didnt seem to get the fact that I was joshing him and refused to sell me anything after I jokingly told him my dwarf lion fish in my 12g would love to have the panther grouper as a friend. LOL he wouldnt sell me anything to go in my tank. it was soooo funny. eventually one of his co workers explained to him (after I tried to) that I didnt really have a lion in a 12g, he just got so miffed he never spoke to me again he only worked there for a couple months though but god was the look on his face funny.
That is pretty funny. I sell electronics, and when people return me something new in the package I always tell them we can't return anything that isn't broken and with a reciept. They always look at me dumbfounded.

bpaul1201

crt81 i wasnt attacking you i was just stating my opinion which i also stated that there are exception like what you have dealt with in that store! i understand how you feel, the guy cut you off and then never gave you a chance to speak to him about your skills with your tank! i also have a nano and i think most people like that dont like them do to the fact that there lazy and dont want to do the maintance a small tank requires or they are totally not understandable at all of the nano tanks! well enough about that! sorry i dont mean to hijack the thread just wanted to correctly state what i meant.
p.s. how about when you buy something from a lfs they just kick you out when your done with your purchase?

jasony

had a lfs employee tell me that foxface was not venomous and he woul dgive me a free fish if i proved the foxface was venomous

stdreb27

Originally Posted by JasonY
had a lfs employee tell me that foxface was not venomous and he woul dgive me a free fish if i proved the foxface was venomous
You should so go do it. Agree on the fish of your dreams first. Then go do it.

thud

I remember your thread.

jasony

after i came back with verifiable proof that the foxface was venomous, he quickly back peddled and claimed that his assertion was that the "teeth were not venomous"
i laughed for days...

stdreb27

after i came back with verifiable proof that the foxface was venomous, he quickly back peddled and claimed that his assertion was that the "teeth were not venomous"
i laughed for days...
That is what I figured he was thinking, to bad you got no fish.