Rush Limbaugh, the original American Idiot.

darthtang aw

I don't quite understand that argument either. Though shalt not kill, steal or lie on your taxes...sound pretty rooted in morality to me. Speeding, drinking and driving etc. are enforced through laws based on the idea that you're placing other people's well being at risk...sounds a lot like morality. I don't really see how it's even possible to seperate the two. Creating laws that take more from the rich to give to the poor...what's that all about?
A and E´s position I can understand.
I never have, It is selective morality that some feel has no place in government.
My comment about the decline of morality in civilizations is not about homosexuality but in general. 50 years ago a woman would be modestly dressed. Now we have Miley Cyrus. The role models use to represent themselves in a respectful way. Now it is only represented in a sexual way. To give an example, the primary argument against chris christie is his weight. Not his politics. Our society has declined so much from a "moral" standard that a persons weight is the primary discussion about their leadership.
look at the movies now compared to 50 years ago...look at what is played on tv now versus fifty years ago. each year the envelope as to what is acceptable in society keeps getting pushed further and further. Walking dead and game of thrones are two of my favorite tv series. No way 30 years ago do these air on tv at their time slots. Video games need actual ratings, and each year they get more graphic. It is a gradual numbing to society.
As the line blurs of what is right and wrong, so does the future of nations.
Like I said numerous times, I don't care what homosexual couples do, I support gay Marriage (my business has donates and attended gay pride on several occasions) but as lines get pushed back, what is the end game? Pretty soon anything goes, Watch the movie the purge, while it seems very unrealistic..as we blur moral lines it might be the future.

2quills

I never have, It is selective morality that some feel has no place in government.
My comment about the decline of morality in civilizations is not about homosexuality but in general. 50 years ago a woman would be modestly dressed. Now we have Miley Cyrus. The role models use to represent themselves in a respectful way. Now it is only represented in a sexual way. To give an example, the primary argument against chris christie is his weight. Not his politics. Our society has declined so much from a "moral" standard that a persons weight is the primary discussion about their leadership.
look at the movies now compared to 50 years ago...look at what is played on tv now versus fifty years ago. each year the envelope as to what is acceptable in society keeps getting pushed further and further. Walking dead and game of thrones are two of my favorite tv series. No way 30 years ago do these air on tv at their time slots. Video games need actual ratings, and each year they get more graphic. It is a gradual numbing to society.
Like I said numerous times, I don't care what homosexual couples do, I support gay Marriage (my business has donates and attended gay pride on several occasions) but as lines get pushed back, what is the end game? Pretty soon anything goes, Watch the movie the purge, while it seems very unrealistic..as we blur moral lines it might be the future.
I know right? That flick almost made some good sense.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Aggies ideas of laws that shouldn't be rooted in morality are about as laughable as his so called 30 years of commercial and residential realstate experience. Here's a guy who claims to have found success in the riskiest form of realsate investing (house flipping) while at the same time believes he became successful by avoiding financial pitfalls staying away from owner financing because he somehow in his 30 years of experience has come to the conclusion that his rental properties are somehow immune to the effects of death, disease or financial disaster. As anyone who's spent anytime in property management knows this simply isn't true.
I think the guy watches too much tv, personally.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/396747/rush-limbaugh-the-original-american-idiot/80#post_3535628
I know right? That flick almost made some good sense.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Aggies ideas of laws that shouldn't be rooted in morality are about as laughable as his so called 30 years of commercial and residential realstate experience. Here's a guy who claims to have found success in the riskiest form of realsate investing (house flipping) while at the same time believes he became successful by avoiding financial pitfalls staying away from owner financing because he somehow in his 30 years of experience has come to the conclusion that his rental properties are somehow immune to the effects of death, disease or financial disaster. As anyone who's spent anytime in property management knows this simply isn't true.
I think the guy watches too much tv, personally.
I never said that using real estate as rental property didn't have risks. Sure they do. But it's much simpler to remove a deadbeat renter out of a property and replace them with another renter, than it does trying to get someone out of a home that has some financial mortgage contract with you. I've made millions "flipping" properties for profit. Myself and a couple investors purchased multiple commercial properties back in the 80's in areas outside of Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Austin that were considered "rural" at the time. We had three properties on the I-35 corridor about 10 miles outside of Austin at the time that we purchased for less than $50K. Those properties now reside in a little town know as Round Rock. Take a guess at the profit margins we made on those properties alone. Now multiply that by 10, and you can understand where my successes in real estate came from. You're dillusional if you think that playing the owner financing game has no viable risks, and is the defacto way to deal in real estate transactions. The legal ramifications alone outweigh the lower risks of renting properties. I do literally nothing in regards to managing my properties that I rent. I simply hire management companies to do everything for me. As I said, rental properties are just one form of revenue streams for me. I make WAY more money dealing in commercial properties, and I'm finding buying into foreign properties is even more profitable.

I actually watch very little TV. There's absolutely nothing on it worth watching. I watch my local news and some series on the premium movie channels. All these reality shows are a waste of time, and anyone who invests their time in tracking them have self-esteem issues and the mentality of a rock.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/396747/rush-limbaugh-the-original-american-idiot/80#post_3535613
It's called "technological advances". We no longer have three TV channels on a black and white TV. The day of The Nelsons, Cleavers, and the Happy Days Gang were gone by the 70's. You call it moral decline, I call it freedom of expression. If I had to go back to the days where men wore suit and ties to the dinner table, the wife was the subservient to the husband and her major role was cooking dinner, cleaning the house, and raising the kids, I'd shoot myself. Your example of Chris Christie is somewhat skewed. The reason his weight is brought up in regards to his political aspirations has more to do with his health, not the vanity image of a fat person. People are concerned if he was elected as President having the weight issues he does, he could keel over and have a heart attack due to the enourmous stresses that position puts on an individual's body. Sorry you think this country would be better off if we never left the 50's.

darthtang aw

It's called "technological advances".  We no longer have three TV channels on a black and white TV.  The day of The Nelsons, Cleavers, and the Happy Days Gang were gone by the 70's.  You call it moral decline, I call it freedom of expression.  If I had to go back to the days where men wore suit and ties to the dinner table, the wife was the subservient to the husband and her major role was cooking dinner, cleaning the house, and raising the kids, I'd shoot myself.  Your example of Chris Christie is somewhat skewed.  The reason his weight is brought up in regards to his political aspirations has more to do with his health, not the vanity image of a fat person.  People are concerned if he was elected as President having the weight issues he does, he could keel over and have a heart attack due to the enourmous stresses that position puts on an individual's body.  Sorry you think this country would be better off if we never left the 50's.
Once again you place words in my mouth I have not said. Are you incapable of defending your positions and maintaining a discussion without making assumptions?
You call it freedom of expression, yet you lambast duck dynasty for their freedom of expression. Typical, freedom of expression is fine as long as it fits with your idea what should be said or done.....
Yeah, the Christie jokes are purely because it is a health risk. That was sarcasm in case you missed it. So the jokes are being ran now even though he hasn't announced he is running? Didn't the President Smoke? I am not sure...which is a greater health risk, weight or smoking? I would assume smoking since that is the only question asked on insurance applications now that will raise your premium.
http://theweek.com/article/index/252533/enough-with-the-chris-christie-fat-jokes

2quills

I never said that using real estate as rental property didn't have risks.  Sure they do.  But it's much simpler to remove a deadbeat renter out of a property and replace them with another renter, than it does trying to get someone out of a home that has some financial mortgage contract with you.  I've made millions "flipping" properties for profit.  Myself and a couple investors purchased multiple commercial properties back in the 80's in areas outside of Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Austin that were considered "rural" at the time.  We had three properties on the I-35 corridor about 10 miles outside of Austin at the time that we purchased for less than $50K.  Those properties now reside in a little town know as Round Rock.  Take a guess at the profit margins we made on those properties alone.  Now multiply that by 10, and you can understand where my successes in real estate came from.  You're dillusional if you think that playing the owner financing game has no viable risks, and is the defacto way to deal in real estate transactions.  The legal ramifications alone outweigh the lower risks of renting properties.  I do literally nothing in regards to managing my properties that I rent.  I simply hire management companies to do everything for me.  As I said, rental properties are just one form of revenue streams for me.  I make WAY more money dealing in commercial properties, and I'm finding buying into foreign properties is even more profitable.
I actually watch very little TV.  There's absolutely nothing on it worth watching.  I watch my local news and some series on the premium movie channels.  All these reality shows are a waste of time, and anyone who invests their time in tracking them have self-esteem issues and the mentality of a rock.
Dilusional would be to think that there is no risk involved in realstate period. That fact that you think it's any harder to remove a someone from a property for breach of contract is a lot harder and more expensive than kicking out a renter just goes to show that you don't understand the difference between how owner financing works vs buyers with their own lender. If you did you wouldn't be arguing against it like this. Its a simple matter of filing the paperwork with the court and a small fee just like an eviction. In actuality it's hardly any different than a rental. And if you want to be nice you simply offer to let them sign in lieu of forclosure paperwork. You get you house back immediately and they get to avoid a forclosure on their credit. At that point its virtually just like a rental situation and you simply resell the house. It really is that easy.
Our investors do nothing but make decisions based on numbers. We are the management company, investment, escro and mortgage companies all under one roof. This is why we're all to farmiliar with the types of profits margins you see by throwing your properties into the rental pool or paying realtors. Its the long, slow way to go before seeing any real return on your investment after you pay the mangement company. We're not bound by he same laws as agents. We don't have to sink tons of money into homes to sell them. The low down payments and slightly easier approval process means our houses sell themselves like hot cakes.
No offense but your so called secret to making millions flipping homes is highly unlikely . Possible, just not probable. The sharks in this game know that people don't get rich flipping homes like you see on tv. While you tell me the secret is to purchase, dump huge sums of money into fixing the house, sell it off and then not purchase anything again in that neighborhood for years tell me your a small fish in the game. While our investors purchase more and more homes in the same neighborhoods year after year. Our lower down payments and easier financing moves people into these vacant home which helps bring home values in those areas back up which makes the city and counties more money which is why when they walk into the office at the tax district they have no trouble getting taxes on their homes lowered. Its the big guys that dictate market values in these neighborhoods. That how the would be flippers trying to break into the industry get choked out and end up making very little money at it. Its not like how they portray it on tv.
I was actually trying to be nice and give you some tips but you seem to have it all figured out. So while I can appreciate your tips and advice for now I think ill stick to learning as much as I can from the guys who really are making fortunes in the home market.

darthtang aw

I've made millions "flipping" properties for profit.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Are you paying your fair share of taxes?

2quills

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Not likely. This isn't the first set of investors that we've worked with over the years. Most actually like their rental properties because it gives them some flexibility on the numbers they turn into uncle sam. You can't fudge around with mortgage properties like that.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/396747/rush-limbaugh-the-original-american-idiot/100#post_3535633
Once again you place words in my mouth I have not said. Are you incapable of defending your positions and maintaining a discussion without making assumptions?
You call it freedom of expression, yet you lambast duck dynasty for their freedom of expression. Typical, freedom of expression is fine as long as it fits with your idea what should be said or done.....
Yeah, the Christie jokes are purely because it is a health risk. That was sarcasm in case you missed it. So the jokes are being ran now even though he hasn't announced he is running? Didn't the President Smoke? I am not sure...which is a greater health risk, weight or smoking? I would assume smoking since that is the only question asked on insurance applications now that will raise your premium.
http://theweek.com/article/index/252533/enough-with-the-chris-christie-fat-jokes
Making assumptions? I'm simply responding to what you're posting. So now I'm supposed to deduce when you're defending your argument whether it's sarcasm or not? If anyone is "placing words in your mouth" it's you. You can't seem to make up your mind on your position in this matter. You complain how this country is becoming "less moral", yet you base your arguments on the current status of this country's morality on principles that are 30+ years old. Quit with the circular logic and I wouldn't have to make assumptions in the first place.

I lambast the Duck Dynasty moron because of what the media is defining as his "freedom of expression". He's no longer some Louisiana backwoods bible thumper that makes duck calls for a living. Him and his family became representatives of A&E as soon as they plastered themselves all over that TV show, and virtually every store in existence. If it wasn't for that show, GQ would've never interviewed him in the first place. Because of his notoriety, and I imagine his non-disclosure agreements with A&E, he can't just do or say anything he wants when it can potentially affect A&E and it's reputation. This has nothing to do with his 1st Amendment rights because those protect our citizens from the GOVERNMENT telling us what we can or can't say in public or anywhere else. Now if he'd been arrested for making those statements in the GQ article, you'd have a viable argument.

So if you defend this guy, then I assume you also think it's wrong that PR Executive got fired from her firm for making that Tweet about not catching AIDS in Africa because she's White?

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/396747/rush-limbaugh-the-original-american-idiot/100#post_3535636
Dilusional would be to think that there is no risk involved in realstate period. That fact that you think it's any harder to remove a someone from a property for breach of contract is a lot harder and more expensive than kicking out a renter just goes to show that you don't understand the difference between how owner financing works vs buyers with their own lender. If you did you wouldn't be arguing against it like this. Its a simple matter of filing the paperwork with the court and a small fee just like an eviction. In actuality it's hardly any different than a rental. And if you want to be nice you simply offer to let them sign in lieu of forclosure paperwork. You get you house back immediately and they get to avoid a forclosure on their credit. At that point its virtually just like a rental situation and you simply resell the house. It really is that easy.
Guess you've never dealt in rental properties. If a renter doesn't pay their rent as per the rental agreement, I have the local police escort them out, change the locks, and allow them time to come back and get their personal belongings. I don't have to take them to court because they have absolutely no rights binding to the home or property. With a mortgage, the home owner does have rights, and can keep a foreclosure in court for years if they find the right lawyer. In the mean time, you're paying a note on the house (unless you own it outright) or losing valuable revenue until you're able to complete the final foreclosure and get them out of the house. Once you do manage to get them out, you're most likely stuck with expensive renovations because your previous owners trashed the place before they left. Sure you can sue them for damages in civil court, but if they didn't have the money to pay their mortgage, you think they'll have any to pay you?
Our investors do nothing but make decisions based on numbers. We are the management company, investment, escro and mortgage companies all under one roof. This is why we're all to farmiliar with the types of profits margins you see by throwing your properties into the rental pool or paying realtors. Its the long, slow way to go before seeing any real return on your investment after you pay the mangement company. We're not bound by he same laws as agents. We don't have to sink tons of money into
.homes to sell them. The low down payments and slightly easier approval process means our houses sell themselves like hot cakes.

There's your flaw regarding making profits in real estate. Residential properties are a SMALL fraction of what I deal in. The money is in Commercial real estate. The residential real estate is too volatile. That market can crash in a moments notice. Commercial real estate values can drop as well, but if you find properties in areas that have continual growth, eventually it comes back around.

What exactly are the profit margins in owner financing? Mortgage rates have been hovering around 3% - 4% for the last 5 years. On a $200,000/30 year mortgage, you make about $120K over the life of the mortgage. I'll be dead in 30 years before I recoup all that money. I can turn around 3 or 4 properties in a few months and make that.
Low down payments and easy approval process? Ah, now I get it. You're those trolls that prey on people with poor credit ratings and screw them with inflated interest rates they can't afford. And you wonder why we had the real estate collapse years ago.

No offense but your so called secret to making millions flipping homes is highly unlikely . Possible, just not probable. The sharks in this game know that people don't get rich flipping homes like you see on tv. While you tell me the secret is to purchase, dump huge sums of money into fixing the house, sell it off and then not purchase anything again in that neighborhood for years tell me your a small fish in the game. While our investors purchase more and more homes in the same neighborhoods year after year. Our lower down payments and easier financing moves people into these vacant home which helps bring home values in those areas back up which makes the city and counties more money which is why when they walk into the office at the tax district they have no trouble getting taxes on their homes lowered. Its the big guys that dictate market values in these neighborhoods. That how the would be flippers trying to break into the industry get choked out and end up making very little money at it. Its not like how they portray it on tv.

You're the one that obviously watches those stupid real estate TV shows. "Flipping" properties is NOTHING like you see on TV. I don't dump "huge sums of money" into any properties I purchase on the cheap. I only invest in areas of the home where I can make the largest return. I can spend $6000 upgrading an outdated kitchen, and get $8000 - $10,000 in return. Put a couple thousand into a bathroom and get back $5,000. When I do purchase residential properties for this purpose, I only purchase one's in areas where the average turnaround is 30 - 90 days. I can think of maybe 3 homes in the last 5 years where I miscalculated and took a loss on the sale.

Small fish? LOLOL. OK, if you say so.

Just because you stick someone in a house doesn't increase its value or the surrounding homes in the area. Unless you do some form of renovations to improve the marketability of the property, you can't charge that much more than what you paid for it. Your statement about taxes makes no sense. So your little company brings more buyers into a neighborhood, which raises the values of the homes in the area, which in turn raises the tax rates for the cities and counties where they reside. But then the new homeowner is able to walk into those same tax districts and get their taxes reduced? Based on what? Like I told you before, the tax districts base their valuations on the average price per sq. ft. of similar homes sold in an area. If three buyers each buy their homes for $250,000, how is one of them going to get their taxes reduced by saying their valuation should be lowered?
I was actually trying to be nice and give you some tips but you seem to have it all figured out. So while I can appreciate your tips and advice for now I think ill stick to learning as much as I can from the guys who really are making fortunes in the home market.

Good luck with that. Sorry, but I don't think your "tips" are that valuable. Like I said, I've been doing this for 30+ years, and my personal bank account is a testament as to how successful I've been doing it my way.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/396747/rush-limbaugh-the-original-american-idiot/100#post_3535637

https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/data/smilies/rotfl.gif" />

I pay my taxes based on the current tax laws that you and everyone else uses. Granted, I have more avenues in which to reduce my tax basis, just like every other individual who makes over seven figures. I will say that I contribute thousands of dollars to local charities, and have literally given valuable properties to causes like Habitat For Humanity for those less fortunate to have a place they can call home. Can you say the same?

2quills

7 figures and you 've been at this now for 30 years you say? I guess you consider that big boy stuff.
Never dealt with rental properties? I guess my wifes and my combined experience of 20+ years doing exactly that means no. Perhaps you over looked the part where I said WE ARE a property management company. It's ok though, i forgive you. :) He'll my wife alone has 13 years managing hotels in south Florida and key west, 5 years in apartment communities (were she trained rental property managers), and another two years now selling homes and managing our investors townhouse, commercial and rental houses.
We work as a team these days. She runs the office for our investors with her girls. I oversee all of the projects on these properties and I lead a team of maintenance guy's. All of the work on our properties is done in house with the exception of needing a master plumber or electrician to sign off on some work to get an inspection passed occasionally. Personally, I'm state licensed, registers and certified in HVAC which is that is 100% done in house. I save these guys tens of thousands a year on that work alone. Most investors don't fully realize how terribly inefficient most management companies down here are. They don't know how to manage, or the managers don't understand maintenance, maintenance makes mistakes because they're not pro's bla bla bla. Very inefficient!
I'm not saying you couldn't have made some money over the years. I'm simply saying that if you have the purchasing power to pay for property out rite then you´re taking the slower way to make your money vs financing in a market like this. You're in one of the best markets for the near foreseable future but are paranoid but yet you are already invested anyway. :%%:
We don't prey on people with bad credit. Our investors don't want people with bad credit in their houses. The low down payment is really what makes it easier. Banks these days are asking a lot to get a loan. An unfortunate side effect that everyone must suffer because of the poor judgment of a few.
Ofcorse we have higher rates. But it's a fixed rate unlike the variable rate loans that everyone got scammed into by the banks. Try adding up a thirty year fixed rate of 9.4 on a $160,00 loan and check the numbers. Then subtract profits paid to the owners of management companies over a thirty year period, up keep of maintenance, turnover and the plethora of legal fees associated with a that turn over through the years. Mortgage houses illiminate most if not all of that money that you're losing in rentals.
The only guy's I know that are overly paranoid about legal fees are slum loards. Or guy's taking advantage of the rise in market to raise their prices and then turn around and re raise again after the first year with almost no warning. Guy's who have to use the services of the police to get people out of their properties. You know how many times my wife has needed those services in the last 7 years with over 10,000 individual properties under her belt? Twice! And in both cases once the sherrif posted the 24 hour notice to vacate they left. The first day a payment becomes late it only takes about 41 days to foreclose and evict if you're in that big of a rush. One thing you can't say about us is that we don't give people chances to get caught up when they're down as long as they communicate with us. Nobody has ever dragged out a foreclosure for years through us. They can't! Besides, how are they going to do that if they can't pay their bills?
We give little guys options they don't have elsewhere. Even with our interest they typically fair out the same or better than what they paid as renters. They are happier that they are paying towards something. And if they do wish to refinance we let them have that option after 3 years. We do put money into houses that need it. Just probably not as much as you because it doesn't cost us as much. We fill neighborhood's with people who pay taxes while boosting property value.
Don't worry. I haven't begun to give you tips yet. Anyone can figure this stuff out. Our investors would kill me. :)

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/396747/rush-limbaugh-the-original-american-idiot/100#post_3535771

7 figures and you 've been at this now for 30 years you say? I guess you consider that big boy stuff.
Never dealt with rental properties? I guess my wifes and my combined experience of 20+ years doing exactly that means no. Perhaps you over looked the part where I said WE ARE a property management company. It's ok though, i forgive you. :) He'll my wife alone has 13 years managing hotels in south Florida and key west, 5 years in apartment communities (were she trained rental property managers), and another two years now selling homes and managing our investors townhouse, commercial and rental houses.
We work as a team these days. She runs the office for our investors with her girls. I oversee all of the projects on these properties and I lead a team of maintenance guy's. All of the work on our properties is done in house with the exception of needing a master plumber or electrician to sign off on some work to get an inspection passed occasionally. Personally, I'm state licensed, registers and certified in HVAC which is that is 100% done in house. I save these guys tens of thousands a year on that work alone. Most investors don't fully realize how terribly inefficient most management companies down here are. They don't know how to manage, or the managers don't understand maintenance, maintenance makes mistakes because they're not pro's bla bla bla. Very inefficient!
I'm not saying you couldn't have made some money over the years. I'm simply saying that if you have the purchasing power to pay for property out rite then you´re taking the slower way to make your money vs financing in a market like this. You're in one of the best markets for the near foreseable future but are paranoid but yet you are already invested anyway.

We don't prey on people with bad credit. Our investors don't want people with bad credit in their houses. The low down payment is really what makes it easier. Banks these days are asking a lot to get a loan. An unfortunate side effect that everyone must suffer because of the poor judgment of a few.
Ofcorse we have higher rates. But it's a fixed rate unlike the variable rate loans that everyone got scammed into by the banks. Try adding up a thirty year fixed rate of 9.4 on a $160,00 loan and check the numbers. Then subtract profits paid to the owners of management companies over a thirty year period, up keep of maintenance, turnover and the plethora of legal fees associated with a that turn over through the years. Mortgage houses illiminate most if not all of that money that you're losing in rentals.
The only guy's I know that are overly paranoid about legal fees are slum loards. Or guy's taking advantage of the rise in market to raise their prices and then turn around and re raise again after the first year with almost no warning. Guy's who have to use the services of the police to get people out of their properties. You know how many times my wife has needed those services in the last 7 years with over 10,000 individual properties under her belt? Twice! And in both cases once the sherrif posted the 24 hour notice to vacate they left. The first day a payment becomes late it only takes about 41 days to foreclose and evict if you're in that big of a rush. One thing you can't say about us is that we don't give people chances to get caught up when they're down as long as they communicate with us. Nobody has ever dragged out a foreclosure for years through us. They can't! Besides, how are they going to do that if they can't pay their bills?
We give little guys options they don't have elsewhere. Even with our interest they typically fair out the same or better than what they paid as renters. They are happier that they are paying towards something. And if they do wish to refinance we let them have that option after 3 years. We do put money into houses that need it. Just probably not as much as you because it doesn't cost us as much. We fill neighborhood's with people who pay taxes while boosting property value.
Don't worry. I haven't begun to give you tips yet. Anyone can figure this stuff out. Our investors would kill me. :)
It's called Rent To Own. Been there, done that. My costs for hiring a Management Company are much less than trying to deal with it myself. I have electricians, plumbers, HVAC specialist, roofers, etc at my disposal where my labor costs aren't what you would pay if you got online and found one of these guys to come fix whatever is broken in your home. I have direct distributors for virtually any materials I require. I don't have the time or patience to sit around waiting for someone to call to tell me something is broken in their house, then grab my little tool bag and go over and fix it. You call me a "small fish", yet you have your wife and kids doing half the work? LOLOL. If I'm so "small", why can I afford to simply hire someone like you?

Again, I can turn a house around in 60 - 90 days and make the same profits you make waiting for that cash over a 30 year period. You do it in quantity, I do it in quality.

You don't take people with bad credit, but you scam them with rates at 9.4% fixed? I could show you a couple hundred mortgage lenders that will do a 30-year fixed at 4.35% with as little as 5% down. Your "investors" are most likely picking up properties playing the Interest Only game. Purchase homes when the market is low, praying on the people who need to get out of their houses they can't afford - "We Pay Cash For Your Home". Then dump it on someone else who can't afford conventional financing and hope they don't skip on you. Sorry to burst your bubble, but your "tips" are no secret. I've played every angle imaginable in the real estate market, and I know what works for me. Like I said, my bank account is proof that what I'm doing is working. Based on your great success, I guess you have one of those McMansions off of Ocean Dr.

2quills

We're not praying on weak people, B. Just guys who think they know the rental game. :)
Merry Christmas. Glad to see you love us that much to come back and hang out.

darthtang aw

Your cryptic comments make no sense.  But then again, neither do your arguments.
If they make no sense, how do you know they are cryptic?
Millionaires don't go online and brag about making millions...........
Darth (mine is bigger than yours) Tang

2quills

It's called Rent To Own.  Been there, done that.  My costs for hiring a Management Company are much less than trying to deal with it myself.  I have electricians, plumbers, HVAC specialist, roofers, etc at my disposal where my labor costs aren't what you would pay if you got online and found one of these guys to come fix whatever is broken in your home.  I have direct distributors for virtually any materials I require.  I don't have the time or patience to sit around waiting for someone to call to tell me something is broken in their house, then grab my little tool bag and go over and fix it.  You call me a "small fish", yet you have your wife and kids doing half the work?  LOLOL.  If I'm so "small", why can I afford to simply hire someone like you?
Again, I can turn a house around in 60 - 90 days and make the same profits you make waiting for that cash over a 30 year period.  You do it in quantity, I do it in quality.
You don't take people with bad credit, but you scam them with rates at 9.4% fixed?  I could show you a couple hundred mortgage lenders that will do a 30-year fixed at 4.35% with as little as 5% down.  Your "investors" are most likely picking up properties playing the Interest Only game.  Purchase homes when the market is low, praying on the people who need to get out of their houses they can't afford - "We Pay Cash For Your Home".  Then dump it on someone else who can't afford conventional financing and hope they don't skip on you.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but your "tips" are no secret.  I've played every angle imaginable in the real estate market, and I know what works for me.  Like I said, my bank account is proof that what I'm doing is working.  Based on your great success, I guess you have one of those McMansions off of Ocean Dr. :flamed:
There is no scam here, where do you see that? This isn't rent to own play land.
I'd love to attempt to keep explaining how it works to you but even if I did I still don't think you're going to comprehend it. Why does it take you 60-90 days to turn a house? It doesn't take us that long. And why do you think it takes 30 years to see your investment back it doesn't even take our investors 10. You really don't understand any of this at all do you? You can't afford to hire teams like us because you have no idea how we've made and saved a lot more money than anyone else they've previously used or how our ways are different and why some guys can continually make fortunes in it while some can't. I can actually understand your fears. Little guys have them because they know that bigger guy's already have this market locked down so tight that it's tough to compete let alone beat so they are forced into renting because thats their only option. The big guys get the lions share of the profits because agents come to them with all of the juicy/profitable houses first before they're thrown on the market. And why wouldn't they? When you buy 10-15 houses at a time every few months they know it easy money for them.
Flipping houses is a grind. Nobody hits home runs on every deal. It only takes one bad one to ruin 4 good ones. Most do it just long enough to make some quick cash so that they can purchase a few properties outrite before they bust. Most will never get there.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/396747/rush-limbaugh-the-original-american-idiot/100#post_3535812
If they make no sense, how do you know they are cryptic?
Millionaires don't go online and brag about making millions...........
Darth (mine is bigger than yours) Tang
They don't? Guess you never get on Facebook or Twitter and see the multitude of millionaire reality stars, actors, and musicians that constantly discuss their wealth. Quills implied I'm "small fish" in the real estate market. Making note of how much I've made in that industry refutes that claim. Considering you made some immature retort with the multiple laughing faces implying I don't pay my legal share of taxes pretty much validates your jealousy of "mine being bigger than yours".

I have no clue who you were directing yoour litttle "pissing match" response towards, and the relevency of the comment in general, ergo my cryptic response.

To recap, you put homosexual relationships in the same category as a parent having a "loving" relationship with their child, which there is absolutely no comaparison of the two. Then you turn around and say you have no problems with those relationships, stating you have friends and whatever that are gay. So in that respect, your argument about same-sex marriages make no sense. If you have no problems with those relationships, then how are they immoral?