S. Fla coral exchange

bret61081

Originally Posted by Vinnyl
Bret61081.... what's your email??
Sorry...Bret61081@AOL.com
sadly i will be out of town that weekend and can't make it....but if anyone is free Tuesday the 25th around 630-7pm till about 9...there is a FMAS meeting where you can take part in the auction as well as trade stuff with other members....stuff in the auction goes pretty cheap! I got a nice coral beauty once for 9$ and the last time i got a nice sized piece od green digitata for 7$...if anyone is interested in the club...shot me an email and I will fwd the info!
Bret :happyfish

Is this going to be a monthly thing or just a 1 shot deal? What is going to happen when a trade goes bad for someone? How about equipment trades as well?
I know I'm late asking these questions, plus I've nothing to trade as of yet, but if it becomes a regular event I'll be planning on attending.

saltn00b

Tomato, i have no idea if this is going to be monthly or not. this is the first one to be attempted. if all goes well, then im sure everybody will want to do it again. at that point we will all have to figure out whats the best plan of action.
we are not an organization or business, just other SWF.com posters; people that enjoy the this hobby, I can take no responsibility for 'bad trades', whatever that may entail. im sure no one would come to such an event with the sole purposes of pawning off some diseased evil coral to screw other people over. all i can offer you is advice, and thats 'buyer beware'.
that being said, there was a bunch of people at the start of this thread that have showed interest, and i will need for them to post there email if they still would like to go. i will be sending emails this week.

bret61081

Originally Posted by bull7dog
whats FMAS? wheres the meeting?
its The Florida Marine Aquarium Society its the local aquarium group here in SOFL....The meetings are held at the New River Middle school of the Marine sciences...its right off of 441 and 595. They are the last Tuesday of every month starting at 630pm(they don't really start till 7 with everyone chatting!). They also do things like tank hops, bowling for fish, collecting in the keys, aquarium show...stuff like that every month or so. A few weeks back we got to go see The creator of spectrum foods amazing 2000G FO tank...plus he had several other tanks where all he feeds is Spectrum foods. That was very cool! Each meeting has a different topic and different speakers...and at the end is the auction! Like I said b4 you can get some AMAZING deals at that...If anyone is interested...let me know! I'll be there! :happyfish

saltn00b

this meeting / swap discussed in this thread has nothing to do with any organization of any kind except for you finding it here on swf.com. for info about that other club i guess contact bret61081

saltn00b

emails have been sent out. a few people have since replied. if you want to come post an email and i will send out ASAP. its never too late :)

bret61081

Just so every one knows...the FMAS is having a frag swap aswell May 6th at the address listed above. it is free if you are a member or 5$ for non members. You can also join at the frag swap. the cost is 15$ and it gets you in to other frag swaps(twice a year) aswell as the show for free. At the last frag swap I got several nice frags for 10$ each! There will prolly be around 20 or so people there trading so it should be fun!

saltn00b

29galkid,
so far people have been sending a few pictures via email on what they plan on bringing.
so far i have seen a lot of xenias, some mushrooms, and some zoo's.
bret, thanks for your input but could you please post about the FMAS in another thread, it seems that it might be confusing people that those meets are what this thread was about.