?'s for all you clown experts!

fishyfun2

Hello,
I'm new to the hobby, in fact, my tank is not up and running yet. (To happen next week). I know it will be like 6 weeks before i can put fish in, but i'm contemplating my stock list now (u know, the really fun part!). Anyhow, my tank is going to be a 29 gal FOWLR, which someday i might convert to a reef. Since my tank is small, i will probably only keep like 3 fish. Now, down to the actual question...Is it more fun to keep one or two clowns? Not trying to breed them, just curious if it's worth sacrificing not having another type of fish in order to keep 2 clowns. Obviously i will have a space issue. Are two clowns more fun than one?
Thanks!

cdangel0

It really comes down to a matter of personal preference. what I may find entertaining you may not. There is something to be said for watching 2 clowns that pair up and swim all over together though. I personally like variety.

lmecher

My 2 cents
I prefer to keep them in pairs, I like the interaction and they won't seem as lonley. I am putting the human spin on them and they're fish but I would not want to be without my own kind.
You ask if 2 are more fun? Heck yeah!
If anyone appreciates Fishyfun it should be you lol

bigjakec

I would agree i have two false percs and there awsome together. I enjoy watching them swim the tank together.

fishyfun2

Thanks for ur opinions. My gut is telling me to do a pair of them. What other fish will my 29 gal be able to accomodate if i do 2 clowns? Is a total of 4 pushing the envelope on bioload in this size tank?

lmecher

I have a fondness for gobies and they don't need so much swimming room. I am in love with my yellow watchman, he's the bomb as my daughter says. I think 4 fish in a 29 would be fine.