sad day

carlos413

Just venting... I ve had my tank for 3 years I had a pair of clowns and a green bouble tip anemone in that tank for two year. Two days ago I woke up to my clowns finally in the anemone after two years of being in the same tank. Two days latter I wake up to my anemone in side one of my powerheads. it literally riped it in two. My water was very cloudy and all my corals looked stressed . I lost the anemone : ( I did a 50% water change and all my corals came back to there normal look. I guess it could have been worst, I could have lost everything. I cant see my self getting another. Well I.just wanted to share my story, Ill just stick to corals from now on. :sad:

flower

Two years and you didn't know to cover your power heads? 322 posts you had to know better, it's the number one rule of having anemones and repeated said over and over on the site.. It's a bummer and I'm sorry to hear it....and if nobody on the site never told you, shame on us.
Anyway once your fish figured out about the anemone..they will go to a new one right away, so don't delay to get another if you liked it, and it sounds like you do. Just be sure to cover the power heads.

jerth6932

Just venting... I ve had my tank for 3 years I had a pair of clowns and a green bouble tip anemone in that tank for two year. Two days ago I woke up to my clowns finally in the anemone after two years of being in the same tank. Two days latter I wake up to my anemone in side one of my powerheads. it literally riped it in two. My water was very cloudy and all my corals looked stressed . I lost the anemone : ( I did a 50% water change and all my corals came back to there normal look. I guess it could have been worst, I could have lost everything. I cant see my self getting another. Well I.just wanted to share my story, Ill just stick to corals from now on. :sad:
I'm sory for your loss. But on the flip side, you DID. Have an anemone for 2 YEARS, that's good! Why give up on somthing you did so well at? I've had a seabae in my 24 since 08' , but I can't seem to get the right one in my 55g. Currently there's a mini carpet in there, but its wedged in a crack facing the back..... but still I persist.

S

siptang

I'm sorry about your loss bud... unfortunate side to this hobby...

ibew41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/385812/sad-day#post_3385630
Two years and you didn't know to cover your power heads? 322 posts you had to know better, it's the number one rule of having anemones and repeated said over and over on the site.. It's a bummer and I'm sorry to hear it....and if nobody on the site never told you, shame on us.
Anyway once your fish figured out about the anemone..they will go to a new one right away, so don't delay to get another if you liked it, and it sounds like you do. Just be sure to cover the power heads.
little harsh kind of like not having a refractometer after 9000 posts everyone makes mistakes

btldreef

Sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you caught it in time and it sounds like your corals will be okay.
For what it's worth, I have NEVER covered any of my powerheads, I don't like the way it looks with covers on them, and regardless of what anyone says, I believe it restricts the flow. I have three BTA's in my 155, no covered power heads, no issues.
As was mentioned above, if your clowns took to one, they'll likely take to another. They might even be stressed without one now that they had one for so long, something to at least consider.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/385812/sad-day#post_3385630
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBEW41
http:///forum/thread/385812/sad-day#post_3385904
little harsh kind of like not having a refractometer after 9000 posts everyone makes mistakes
Okay, a little harsh from both of you. Please end it here.

flower

LOL...It has just been my day for being a butt head. Again I apologize if I came off as harsh..I didn't intend to. That's the truth.
IBW41...See my smile because I don't want anyone to think I mean anything other than sugar sweetness.

My Hydrometer was correct and still is after 6 years of use. I THOUGHT it was finally biting the dust and replaced it with a refractometer. Using an hydrometer to test the SG is not a mistake. The main reason to use a refractometer is accuracy, something very needed when one does hypo. However to match the Water change water to the tank water does not need to be so dead on as knowing the SG as matching them. I have to date never did hypo and never needed the accuracy of a refractometer.
So while I disagree about the hydrometer being a mistake...as for making mistakes...Amen..I have made plenty indeed. No doubt I will make plenty as I walk this life...LOL...but not that one.

carlos413

Just wanted to update you guys everything is ok I seem to be as normal. I will post new pics this weekend . I am getting two new corals a blue chalice and a blue / red favia. I cant wait.

jerth6932

Just wanted to update you guys everything is ok I seem to be as normal. I will post new pics this weekend . I am getting two new corals a blue chalice and a blue / red favia. I cant wait.
Sounds good, can't wait to see pix.