Saddleback Butterfly,

How hard are these guys to keep? Will they do well in a 120 gallon with a one spot foxface, a yellow tang, a gold stripe maroon clown, a snowflake eel, and a pink spot goby?

bang guy

A 120 is definitely at the minimum I would suggest. They will eat most corals and inverts. With the Eel I assume you don't have many inverts but didn't know if you have corals.

The are not easy to feed. Especially with fast hungry fish like you have. It will get along with them, I just don't know if it would get much to eat without polluting your tank from overfeeding.

lmforbis

I have one. I bought is about 6 months ago. He's about 2 inches long. He does eat coral, only SPS so far, haven't had any issues with LPS. I have him in a 125, eats everything I have ever offered him. Swims all over the tank. Currently his tank mates are a McKoskers flasher wrasse, a maroon clown, a pajama cardnal, a flame angel, and a diamond goby. He certainly holds his own at meal time. I bought him from live aquaria. Here is a pic from when he was in QT. Haven't been able to get a decent pic since.
IMG_2500.JPG

A 120 is definitely at the minimum I would suggest. They will eat most corals and inverts. With the Eel I assume you don't have many inverts but didn't know if you have corals.

The are not easy to feed. Especially with fast hungry fish like you have. It will get along with them, I just don't know if it would get much to eat without polluting your tank from overfeeding.
Ok. I think I will try him out and handfeed if I have too.
I have one. I bought is about 6 months ago. He's about 2 inches long. He does eat coral, only SPS so far, haven't had any issues with LPS. I have him in a 125, eats everything I have ever offered him. Swims all over the tank. Currently his tank mates are a McKoskers flasher wrasse, a maroon clown, a pajama cardnal, a flame angel, and a diamond goby. He certainly holds his own at meal time. I bought him from live aquaria. Here is a pic from when he was in QT. Haven't been able to get a decent pic since.
View attachment 2024
That's good to know....
it's funny I am actually going to be ordering from Live Aquaria.... good to know. It was either a saddleback or a yellow longnose. I think I want the saddleback now.

lmforbis

I think the saddle back is probably easier. Be sure to quarantine. That way you can be sure he is eating well before he goes into the display tank and had to compete for food.