Saltwater Ink?

I just started a tattoo cover up project (see pictures), and was curious if anyone else has had any saltwater fish/coral themed tattoos done? If so, I would love to see the finished products! I had a guitar with a cross in it that I started in college, but then I realized I was broke and couldn't pay to have it finished. So it basically was just a random guitar with a cross floating in the middle of my arm for the past ten years.
My new one uses a sea turtle for the coverup of the guitar body, and we've got two clown fish swimming in anemone, and hard coral on the bottom half, with dark blue water fading to light heading towards the top.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, that was a pretty good transformation. But what will you with the neck of guitar? Maybe a lighthouse on the beach? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/397629/saltwater-ink#post_3546325
Yep, that was a pretty good transformation. But what will you with the neck of guitar? Maybe a lighthouse on the beach? LOL

There is going to be more coral on top, and a queen angel. I'll post a pic here in a few weeks with the finished product! It's coming along nicely!

deejeff442

Man I havnt been here in a long time.i have a tatoo on my arm of corals and fish which I still havnt finished.i have pics on here fron an old post.maybe do a search.i need to finish it someday.i look different now.i have been getting back to the gym .put on almost 30 pounds of muscle in the last 18 months.seth has a pic of me from a month or so ago.i will see if he can post it .

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid http:///t/397629/saltwater-ink#post_3546410

There is going to be more coral on top, and a queen angel. I'll post a pic here in a few weeks with the finished product! It's coming along nicely!

Ohhhhh what a relief. I didn't have the nerve to tell you how badly the guitar neck looked.

Can't wait for the final product.

Well she is coming along! I'm done with three sessions, hopefully one (or two) more and we'll have it wrapped up. I still have to color the coral, fill in the anemone and other clownfish in, and then add blue water colors around the entire top. We're also gonna touch up the coral covering the neck, not to make it so obvious :)

deejeff442

Yea the cheap artists are the ones who pick a pattern out of a book .just put it on you and color it in.custom stuff like that is alot more and you really need to get references.i need to find someone to finish mine.the guy doing it moved out of town.so far that cover up looks great.i was thinking a nice big Achilles tang would have looked sweet too.being mostly black it would have covered it nice.but I do like what you chose

beth

Administrator
Staff member
So, if you grew out of the guitar, might you grow out of the aquascape? That one will be impossible to change.

I didn't really out grow the guitar. I mean I still am the lead singer in my band. I just didn't like the actual composition of the tattoo itself. I got it when I was 22, and broke. So there wasn't much to it (as you can see in the "before" picture). As far as the aqua scape goes, I'm open water certified in scuba, and I plan on getting more specialized certifications in the future. Unless physically unable, I don't think I'll ever stop diving. It's pretty much the coolest thing in the world. Not to mention there are about 15 locations I want to dive before I die. :)

darthtang aw

I'm paying $150 a session, planning on five sessions total. After it's all done, tip included it'll be around $850-$900.
So closer to the 60 dollar an hour range.....I figured around this much for how long it takes.

2quills

Welllll...I'm pretty partial towards the Percs.
Not sure what happened with the coral covering the neck of the guitar. The artist in me says that the lines got a little sketchy there and I may have went with a different color personally. Also, the shell could use some touch up as well but all in all I say it's looking better than the old acoustic for sure. I'll reserve final judgement for when it's finished.