saltwaterauctions.com = bust?

howardj

I don't know if I am the only one that thinks this, I don't belive I am.
But I think that saltwaterauctions.com was a complete failure? Am I wrong.
I don't like anything about swa.com, the limited number of items you can sell, the 8% of your profit being taken from you - 5% swf, 3% paypal..
I liked it a ton better when there were the 'live selling and trading' an 'classified' sections on the forum.
Much easier to look through, easier to ask people questions and see people repuation on the threads, and here, it wasn't open to just anyone.
It also seems that we have lost a lot of valuable, reputable people that used to try to sell their livestock/items. Not that they were just here for that, they also gave helpful information and advice on the boards..
just me?
Now that we have two new mods (congrats by the way ren and sep!
) do you think we can bring those two sections back to the forum and get rid of the swa.com deal?
Just My Opinion,
HowardJ

nwdyr

I think allot of us feel the same as you , however they have made themselves pretty clear. I don't think they will reconsider....its a shame. Also i think this thread will be locked down soon
For what its worth , I agree

howardj

Thank you, so much.. thats all I needed, some confirmation.
I believe it will be locked too, I just hope that the swf leaders are shown this before it does.

grumpygils

I used to be a moderate poster here but got sidetracked with the local club. I just started to come back to here and saw SWA. I have since gone to other forums. I bet I have turned 20 people onto this site and I know of least 5 or 6 of them that order from SWF. There are way too many sites out there that do not charge. 5% is pretty tough when most of the people sell way cheap to start with. This site is the most user friendly and knowlegeable site I know but I will be forced to swim elsewhere. People like SCSINET and many others have helped me tremendously and I thank everyone who has taken me from Newbie to a reefer. I will check back periodically to see what happens with SWA, but it was pretty dissapointing to see. I assume the mods can monitor traffic and see if it has decreased and make an intelligent business decision.
I wish SWF the best of luck!
Mike Mc

howardj

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
http:///forum/post/2865043
I have to agree also. I look to other message boards to buy/sell frags equipment etc.....

I have been doing that, too.
They are just much easier to navigate through.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2865190
to get their opinion on it?
IBTL!!!!!
If this thread does not become rude or counter productive then it will not be locked. Express your concerns in a respectable manner. Admin looks at these threads and will address the issue.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2865198
If this thread does not become rude or counter productive then it will not be locked. Express your concerns in a respectable manner. Admin looks at these threads and will address the issue.
Yep, if you have nothing productive to add, please keep your comments to yourself.

mboswell1982

actually, id love to know what the fuss is about the classifieds section an what not LOL i joined here right before they did away with it, or right after, cant remember which LOL and never got to check it out

redman1221

I would love for it to go back to what it was before, but I really don't think they will change it, they are set on this Swa site. I have looked at the site to see if anything would be on there but to me it was nothing like before, good luck with the site.

bigpapa

I have to agree with the lack of desire of visits. When I was first introduced to SWF I just found it such an amazing help with advise and products. You had high quality fish from the site and high quality reefers in the forums. If I got home and had some down time I would scan over the classifieds endlessly. To the downfall of my wallet. But seriously, if I had any questions or needed some info on those items everything was easy access as well I know of a few sellers that would comunicate back and forth to great lengths to ensure you are getting the right stuff. I also got to meet a few great people face to face in doing so. I also use that other auction site alot but for sw this was by far the way to go. Now, I just feel I might as well use the other site as the larger selling base outweighs the "personal interaction" we were getting here.
Look, I have kept my opinion to myself about the new site till now as I really didnt want to offend anyone on the site. I realize everything revolves around change and sometimes change can be hard. But, if in change it becomes apparent after a significant amount of time that the change is ultimately hurting the end result then thought should be given to going back a few steps and seeing if a compromise can be reached to help all parties involved.
Just my input from someone who has only been addicted for about a year in a half now but still feels just as passionate as a lifer...

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
As we've said many times, the auction site's objectives were not monetary. It was to monitor the activities of the many businesses, quasi-businesses and scammers that come on the site. Our choice was to remove the selling forums altogether, or offer the auction site alternative. We have put up the site as a way for members to continue to buy, trade and sell things in a structured environment. We realized that we would lose some members who simply come here to buy and sell.
We feel bad for those that did not abuse the process, but the selling forums will not return. If the membership chooses to embrace the auction site and continue under the specified rules, that's great. If not, then we have a great site for the exchange of information, which was the reason for the bulletin board in the first place.

nwdyr

I see more abuse in the main boards , Nike shoe threads are here all the time! I , as a memeber , was not effected in a neg. way from the trade/sale section. But i am effected by the threads that are here about dicount shoes. Good luck to all , I will see allot of you on other sites

It's obvious that people like me that sold here, were not here just to sell. I have over 2,000 posts in less then a year. I don't believe the sell forum was closed to save us from scammers....sorry

alix2.0

personally im not a fan either... but the SWF gods know whats best and they gotta do what they gotta do so im not complaining. i just wont use it.
ive got a question though, can we still organize small trades here on the boards? like, a bag of chaeto for a few shrooms? or does that have to happen on SWA too?