Saltwaterfish.com Photography Contest Rules

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
While we believe that saltwaterfish.com's livestock managers are some of the best out there at providing great quality animals...they may be less than world class in their photography skills. So, we thought we'd have a little fun and create a photography contest. Here's how it works:
Choose any animal on the saltwaterfish.com website, and if you think you can do a better picture, get out your trusty camera and fire off a few shots. Then, upload your best one here, along with the species name you think your picture should replace on our site. If we, and the feedback from the board, suggests that your picture is better than ours; we'll put your picture up on the saltwaterfish.com website in place of ours.
If we use your picture, you'll get a $20 credit for future purchases on the site, plus we'll give you a photo credit so the world can see your photographic excellence. Finally, we'll put all the successful photographers into a drawing for a free $250 shopping spree at saltwaterfish.com.
The photographs will become the property of saltwaterfish.com and you will release all rights to the photographs. They must be original photographs, taken by you. Absolutely no poaching from the internet, please. The ultimate criteria for success, and the question we'll all ask as we're looking at your shot is: will your photograph motivate someone to buy that particular animal.
We'll probably have to add a rule or two as we go along, but this should get us started. We'll make the drawing for the Grand Prize on November 30th.
This is intended to be a fun and interactive contest. I hope everyone enjoys it. Say Cheese!

coral keeper

So we can only post pics of our fish if they have it on this sight? So if they don't sell this kind of fish don't post it?

nietzsche

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
So we can only post pics of our fish if they have it on this sight? So if they don't sell this kind of fish don't post it?
i think so coral keeper. looks like they want to update their photos

lion_crazz

Please keep this thread solely for the rules and questions to the rules. GrouperGenius and geraldwhite, both were awesome pics! Please repost them in new threads on this forum.
Coral Keeper, if this site sells the fish, the pic will considered for the contest, I believe. If you want to post other pics, by all means, post them, because if SWF.com starts getting that fish in stock, your picture for that fish could be considered.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The picture has to be:
Species sold on this site to replace a SWF picture.
A picture that you take with your digital. Not necessarily out of your tank, but something that you have personally photographed. Perhaps something in a friend's tank, etc.

zanclus

Here are a few from my Tank:
Powder Brown Tang (Acanthurus japonicus):

Blue Hippo Tang (Paracanthurus hepatus):

Orange Cap Montipora (Montipora Capricornis)

Frogspawn (Euphyllia divisa)

Candy Cane (Caulastrea echinulata)