Same Sex Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540506
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Also, animals don't wear clothes, cut their hair, take showers,brush their teeth, cut their nails, etc. Guess you should stop doing that. It's not natural.
How does it affect you in any way that some people like others of the same sex?
Lastly, I have multiple homosexual or bisexual friends, and you are born with a sexual orientation. It is about as reversible as your eye color. You don't choose it.
Wise up kid, that cards been played already. Animals do all of those things, just not the way humans do. How would they?

People choose to act upon homosexual urges the same as any other evil. But some choose to be defined by it. All one needs to do is look to nature for confirmation, you wont see two male animals nursing each other or two female animals copulating like lesbians do... It's an unnatural act and not what those parts of the anatomy were intended for. Sure straight people do it, but straight couples also have a natural option that uses their anatomy for the purpose it was designed for.

Take a closer look at your avatar and maybe you will get it, although it's unlikely.

The others questions have been answered so go back and read.

And thats great if your gay and choose to surround yourself with that lifestyle perhaps it's why you dont know any better, the masses are easily fooled. Since your gay, be gay, start a circus and have a parade.
Some people will believe or accept anything when they are in the midst of it long enough.
Your still confusing decisions with attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado61 http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540528
I have a friend that I've known for over twenty years. He's been married for over 30. He has 4 grown children. When he's with his wife, the rest of the world doesn't exist. You can see it in his eyes that he is truly in love with this woman. He buys her flowers on her Birthday, holidays and for no other reason than just because. He holds her hand in public and opens doors for her.

But, if you didn't know him personally and took notice of his mannerisms or speech, you would think that he is as gay as the day is long. Simply by the way he handles himself or talks.

It could be as simple as a misplaced/replaced gene, chromosome or hormones dished out at conception (Sorry, I'm not a Chemist, Scientist or Doctor so my terminology is off). In which case it's not a matter of choice but rather mother nature throwing you a curve ball. Nature is not perfect. Nor are humans and if you think you are then, please, cast the first stone.

I'm not saying that all gays don't have a choice to be so. Some do choose. But some don't have a choice. To them choosing not to be gay when chemistry tells them they are is like going against nature for them. There have been homosexuals that have committed suicide because they are humiliated by their urges or how their body tells them to feel and they become so depressed that suicide seems to be the only relief in sight for them.

Have you ever heard the saying: "I'm a man trapped in a woman's body" or "I'm a woman trapped in a man's body"? It's more real than you would think.

My Sister is gay and her whole life she has vehemently denied it to herself and the world. Until the day she tried to kill herself because of the depression it caused. Now she embraces the fact that she's a lesbian and is at peace with herself and lives a happy and fruitful life because she has excepted that nature has dealt her that hand right or wrong. I love her more now than ever and I for one am very proud of my sister for choosing to embrace who she is. A kind, generous, giving, loving person that just so happens to be gay.

"They're here. They're queer. Get used to it."
Feel free to use the Quote tab if you want. I dont mind and like the dialog even though everyone seems to think the same way. People like to attack those with a different viewpoints, it comes with having the courage to go against what is popular. So to each his own.

Yeah I understand where your coming from. I have a couple family members who are the same way, I really feel bad for them. They are both great people, it's their actions that are repulsive. It seems to me that's what hormone treatment is for. It dosent happen in nature. People choose to act upon it. Some people are born criminals but they dont act upon it ether.

People choose to act upon homosexual urges the same as any other evil. But some choose to be defined by it. All one needs to do is look to nature for confirmation, you wont see two male animals nursing each other or two female animals copulating like lesbians do... It's an unnatural act and not what those parts of the anatomy were intended for. Sure straight people do it, but straight couples also have a natural option that uses their anatomy for the purpose it was designed for.

Tolerance yes, acceptance never. Evil is also here, better get used to that.

crimzy

Feel free to use the Quote tab if you want.  I dont mind and like the dialog even though everyone seems to think the same way.   People like to attack those with a different viewpoints, it comes with having the courage to go against what is popular.   So to each his own.
Yeah I understand where your coming from.  I have a couple family members who are the same way,  I really feel bad for them.  They are both great people, it's their actions that are repulsive.      It seems to me that's what hormone treatment is for.  It dosent happen in nature.   People choose to act upon it.   Some people are born criminals but they dont act upon it ether.  
Tolerance yes, acceptance never.     Cancer is also here,  better get used to it. 
I have to admit that I didn't read most of this thread so I don't know if you've been attacked for your opinion or not but I think your perspective is so limited. Many animals in nature engage in homosexual behavior, look it up.
Why do you have to judge homosexuality as repulsive? Just because they are different from you? Discrimination has taken many forms throughout history. Being black, Jewish, a woman or a host of other things has been judged as wrong or inferior by the ignorant majority. What ever happened to live and let live? The hypocrisy of intolerance never ceases to amaze me. You really want to pump gay people full of hormones so that they may be "cured"... Just so they do what you want them to in the privacy of their own personal relationships?
I don't know whether it's a choice and I really don't care. Unless I'm a part of the fun, I have no interest in what others do in their bedrooms and don't feel compelled to save those who have gone a different path than myself. I don't judge homosexuals but I do judge bigots, because I know that IS a choice.
I am glad that the majority supports acceptance of people and their differences. I'd like to think that the majority of society has progressed in the past century or two. Michigan has a trial going on right now to determine whether to allow gay marriage. Mark me down as one who would be thrilled to go to a wedding for my gay cousins and their partners.

reefraff

I think it's a stretch to say a majority favor acceptance. Tolerance yes, there is a difference. I know plenty of people who are still hung up over homosexuality but do think gay couples should have equal rights to a married couple. I've also known some, mostly older folks who were the same way with race. They didn't want blacks to be treated differently but they weren't comfortable around them either.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/60#post_3540580
Feel free to use the Quote tab if you want. I dont mind and like the dialog even though everyone seems to think the same way. People like to attack those with a different viewpoints, it comes with having the courage to go against what is popular. So to each his own.

Yeah I understand where your coming from. I have a couple family members who are the same way, I really feel bad for them. They are both great people, it's their actions that are repulsive. It seems to me that's what hormone treatment is for. It dosent happen in nature. People choose to act upon it. Some people are born criminals but they dont act upon it ether.

Tolerance yes, acceptance never. Evil is also here, better get used to that.

You are absolutely correct, a person has the ability to CHOOSE to act on a behavior or not. Picking buggers in public is pretty gross, there are lots of things folks do, that gross out others. I can't stand to watch a person eat lobster....it's sea bug...eeeeww...the "meat" is the clear jelly guts after it's super heated and turns white. My granddaughter at 2 or 3 years old, gave me some great advice..."Don't look Nana, it will just upset you".... By the way, the Bible calls shell food not food for you, it's a sin to eat it in my religion, so is mixing meat with dairy foods....but I have enough sense to know that I can't infringe that belief on others. Since I consider it a sin, I don't eat it, nor serve it in my home. LOL...My son goes and eats his cheeseburger in his car outside when he visits.

There is one huge difference between the pedophiles, serial killers, kleptomaniacs, cheaters in business, and the paranoid delusional folks that hurt others....The gay people are not hurting anyone else
. You say the gay people are acting on an evil impulse, but that's a religious stand
. You can't shove your belief system down another persons throat, and call it evil because they don't live as you do. It's an evil act only in the eyes of certain religions. You shouldn't stand up against a person seeking to make a commitment to one another, based on your personal religious belief.

mohawkninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540579
Wise up kid, that cards been played already. Animals do all of those things, just not the way humans do. How would they?

People choose to act upon homosexual urges the same as any other evil. But some choose to be defined by it. All one needs to do is look to nature for confirmation, you wont see two male animals nursing each other or two female animals copulating like lesbians do.
.. It's an unnatural act and not what those parts of the anatomy were intended for. Sure straight people do it, but straight couples also have a natural option that uses their anatomy for the purpose it was designed for.

Take a closer look at your avatar and maybe you will get it, although it's unlikely.

The others questions have been answered so go back and read.

And thats great if your gay and choose to surround yourself with that lifestyle perhaps it's why you dont know any better, the masses are easily fooled. Since your gay, be gay, start a circus and have a parade.
Some people will believe or accept anything when they are in the midst of it long enough.
Your still confusing decisions with attributes.
"One species in which exclusive homosexual orientation occurs, however, is that of domesticated sheep (Ovis aries).[sup][8][9][/sup] "About 10% of rams (males) refuse to mate with ewes (females) but do readily mate with other rams."
Seems about how humans do it....

How do you know how gay people feel if you aren't gay yourself? If you have no experience in a certain field, and someone who has experience tells you something, what authority do you have to say they are lying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/40#post_3540493
Your arguments on this topic are all over the place. One minute you have no problem with gay marriages, then you start this philosophical discussion about human anatomy and surmise that since homosexuality is "unnatural", the "natural" course of action is to distinguish that group from society or this planet before it becomes the dominant creature (which is virtually impossible). In the biological sense, homosexuals can't directly procreate. However, with today's scientific advances, lesbian couples can have children using en vitro fertilization. You may call that "unnatural" when looking at the technical definition of procreation, but it happens all the time, even with heterosexual couples. A homosexual man can still procreate by simply having their sperm inseminated into a willing female "host". I remember these quotes from Jurassic Park:

Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.
Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: John, the kind of control you're attempting simply is... it's not possible. If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh... well, there it is.

Henry Wu
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000703/?ref_=tt_trv_qu: You're implying that a group composed entirely of female animals will... breed?
Dr. Ian Malcolm
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000156/?ref_=tt_trv_qu: No, I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way.
Barney Frank and the rest of the Village People would agree with your ranting.
Perhaps you could combine your leather harness collections and open a bath house together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkninja http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/60#post_3540591
"One species in which exclusive homosexual orientation occurs, however, is that of domesticated sheep (Ovis aries).[sup][8][9][/sup] "About 10% of rams (males) refuse to mate with ewes (females) but do readily mate with other rams."
Seems about how humans do it....

How do you know how gay people feel if you aren't gay yourself? If you have no experience in a certain field, and someone who has experience tells you something, what authority do you have to say they are lying?
The same could be said about fat girls.

The rams you speak of do this to establish dominance within the flock not because they are gay, if they were gay it would not be exclusive to male sheep only and you dont see the ewes munching wool. Or any other species copulating like lesbians do for that reason.

Many animals will mount another of the same sex and engage in seemingly "homosexual" behavior, although their motivation may differ. Dogs, for example, usually do so to express dominance. Cesar Ades, ethologist and professor of psychology at the University of Brazil, explains, "When two males mate, what is present is a demonstration of power, not sex.

Keep reading, this is the reversal of your example.

If seemingly "homosexual" acts among animals are in accordance with animal nature, then parental killing of offspring and intra-species devouring are also in accordance with animal nature. Are we to conclude that filicide and cannibalism are according to human nature?

How do you? You have your own experience which provides you with your own opinions. What authority do they have to say I am?

So why not allow polygamy or one to marry a flock of geese?

Wouldnt it be easier to accept and exist within nature than fighting against it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/60#post_3540589

You are absolutely correct, a person has the ability to CHOOSE to act on a behavior or not. Picking buggers in public is pretty gross, there are lots of things folks do, that gross out others. I can't stand to watch a person eat lobster....it's sea bug...eeeeww...the "meat" is the clear jelly guts after it's super heated and turns white. My granddaughter at 2 or 3 years old, gave me some great advice..."Don't look Nana, it will just upset you".... By the way, the Bible calls shell food not food for you, it's a sin to eat it in my religion, so is mixing meat with dairy foods....but I have enough sense to know that I can't infringe that belief on others. Since I consider it a sin, I don't eat it, nor serve it in my home. LOL...My son goes and eats his cheeseburger in his car outside when he visits.

There is one huge difference between the pedophiles, serial killers, kleptomaniacs, cheaters in business, and the paranoid delusional folks that hurt others....The gay people are not hurting anyone else
. You say the gay people are acting on an evil impulse, but that's a religious stand
. You can't shove your belief system down another persons throat, and call it evil because they don't live as you do. It's an evil act only in the eyes of certain religions. You shouldn't stand up against a person seeking to make a commitment to one another, based on your personal religious belief.

Personally I find lobsters to be the cockroaches of the sea, I would never eat one either. Forgive my ignorance, what does it say about pork or swine? Nana was what we called our Grandmother. I always respect your opinion.

Flower have you ever heard of a group called NAMBLA? A disgusting organization. Most pedophiles that rape are homosexual, homosexual acts occur all the time in prison as well. How is that not evil? Any lifestyle that conducts or condones this is evil IMHO.

mohawkninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/60#post_3540594
Flower have you ever heard of a group called NAMBLA? Most pedophiles that rape are homosexual, homosexual acts occur all the time in prison as well. How is that not evil? Any lifestyle that conducts the same behavior is evil.
Well most domestic assaults are committed by straight person, so being straight must be evil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzy http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/60#post_3540586
I have to admit that I didn't read most of this thread so I don't know if you've been attacked for your opinion or not but I think your perspective is so limited. Many animals in nature engage in homosexual behavior, look it up.
Why do you have to judge homosexuality as repulsive? Just because they are different from you? Discrimination has taken many forms throughout history. Being black, Jewish, a woman or a host of other things has been judged as wrong or inferior by the ignorant majority. What ever happened to live and let live? The hypocrisy of intolerance never ceases to amaze me. You really want to pump gay people full of hormones so that they may be "cured"... Just so they do what you want them to in the privacy of their own personal relationships?
I don't know whether it's a choice and I really don't care. Unless I'm a part of the fun, I have no interest in what others do in their bedrooms and don't feel compelled to save those who have gone a different path than myself. I don't judge homosexuals but I do judge bigots, because I know that IS a choice.
I am glad that the majority supports acceptance of people and their differences. I'd like to think that the majority of society has progressed in the past century or two. Michigan has a trial going on right now to determine whether to allow gay marriage. Mark me down as one who would be thrilled to go to a wedding for my gay cousins and their partners.
Sorry Crimsy but your hypocrisy nullifies your argument. Not judgmental of a person but rather a behavior in terms of accepting it. People have the right not to accept what is popular (free of harassment) just the same as those who choose to accept what is popular.

"I don't judge homosexuals but I do judge bigots, because I know that IS a choice."
This is a hypocritical statement, since you cannot prove either is not a choice. The sexual acts of homosexuals such as sodomy are a choice. A choice that results in the misuse of human anatomy, how is driving down a one way street natrual? It's their choice to do so however... Is this what the digestive and reproductive systems were designed to be used for? People smoke too, is that what our lungs were designed for? Is smoking a natural process.

Sure straight couples do the same thing and using the same logic the act is equally as wrong. The difference is straight couples have the choice to use the digestive and reproductive systems for what they were designed for without the use of external man made facilities such as inveitro fertilization which still requires both male and female chromosomes.

If seemingly "homosexual" acts among animals are in accordance with animal nature, then parental killing of offspring and intra-species devouring are also in accordance with animal nature. Are we to conclude that filicide and cannibalism are according to human nature?

You would condemn those who judge yet you would judge those who disagree with you. Where is the tolerance in that? Perhaps your compass has been impaired by the need for social acceptance and popularity. The majority is normally wrong, glad you feel comfortable with the rest of Borg.

Just too evidence against it within science, nature and religion, perhaps this is why people want it to be ok so bad. Homosexuality is an unnatural act that does not occur in nature no matter how much you want to believe it. We choose what we want to accept and often shun the things we dont want to hear. Just because something is popular dosent make it right.

Tolerance yes, acceptance never. Many feel this way.

bang guy

Statistically there are far more acts of sodomy committed by heterosexuals than homosexuals. Apparently we are all evil. The Bible has already stated this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/60#post_3540609

Statistically there are far more acts of sodomy committed by heterosexuals than homosexuals. Apparently we are all evil. The Bible has already stated this is true.
And like I said earlier, it's still wrong no matter who does it. How do you use two wrongs to make a right? Simply because it's popular dosent make something natural or right. Repeat it enough and people will accept it? Makes no sense.

Driving the wrong way down a one way street is unnatural. The difference is heterosexuals have the option not to do this.