Same Sex Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/60#post_3540614

So you say heterosexuals are even more evil. I don't accept that.
Negative, I say sexual acts that occur by two people of the same gender are homosexual, unnatural and evil. The reasons have been annotated several posts ago. Evil is evil no matter who commits it.

It's only an opinion that works for me. Thanks for affording me the same latitude as the overwhelming majority who disagree.

darthtang aw

What would Jesus say about you judging someone other than yourself?
Judge not LEST ye be judged.
In other words dont judge to avoid being judged in return. It is not a statement to not judge. It is a statement of how to prevent judgement of yourself. Judging others force people to judge you in return.
If you are comfortable being judged then judge away. This is how i interpret this. Most people stop at the judge not. Part and dont reflect on the rest of the sentence.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/60#post_3540594

Personally I find lobsters to be the cockroaches of the sea, I would never eat one either. Forgive my ignorance, what does it say about pork or swine? Nana was what we called our Grandmother. I always respect your opinion.

Flower have you ever heard of a group called NAMBLA? A disgusting organization. Most pedophiles that rape are homosexual, homosexual acts occur all the time in prison as well. How is that not evil? Any lifestyle that conducts or condones this is evil IMHO.

Hi,

I don't know of any groups...Don't look works really well for keeping my sanity and peace of mind.

I'm afraid pig meat is right up there with eating dogs, cats or monkeys. To keep kosher, it's forbidden to eat those foods. There are many people that eat them, if it were the only food available...I wouldn't want them to starve.... One rabbi told me, we are to live by Torah, not die by it. I sure can't go around condemning everyone that doesn't live as I do.... . We can't push people to see things our way, it's a waste of time. The best I can do is live MY OWN life, according to my own convictions.

I can ONLY GO BY MOVIES...I have no idea what or why folks do what they do in or out of prison. My take on it is that the men in prison are not homosexuals, they are horny dudes that don't have a woman around, and they are so depraved they molest the men smaller, or less aggressive then themselves. The homosexuals in prison use sex to be protected from the brutes.

Pedophiles are not homosexuals, they are child predators. I think they have teeny weenies and need a kid...front or back because normal size people can't satisfy them. They don't belong in prison, they belong in a grave, after they are mutilated. There are evil people of all races, and walks of life... and I think it's a very small mind to think that these people represent homosexuals, and label all of them as such. A woman who has been raped may hate or mistrust all men...but all men are not the monster who hurt her, that's just her twisted perception.

The gays can be your brothers or sisters (some may still be in "the closet") or maybe your boss, your coworkers and your neighbors. They want to make a commitment to somebody they love, they are not out attacking the children, raping grandma or grandpa...they are not stealing from you. They pay their bills, go to work, buy their first home and love the one they are with. They pay their taxes and they vote, they should have a say, and people should listen. Nobody is asking you to be a homosexual, if you get invited to a wedding and you don't want to go...make up a polite excuse and decline. What is there to gain by being mean to others, making them feel belittled or dirty won't change who they are, you will just be hurting their feelings so you can feel more holy then thou...and God doesn't like that kind of attitude. Luke 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/80#post_3540628

Hi,

I don't know of any groups...Don't look works really well for keeping my sanity and peace of mind.

I'm afraid pig meat is right up there with eating dogs, cats or monkeys. To keep kosher, it's forbidden to eat those foods. There are many people that eat them, if it were the only food available...I wouldn't want them to starve.... One rabbi told me, we are to live by Torah, not die by it. I sure can't go around condemning everyone that doesn't live as I do.... . We can't push people to see things our way, it's a waste of time. The best I can do is live MY OWN life, according to my own convictions.

I can ONLY GO BY MOVIES...I have no idea what or why folks do what they do in or out of prison. My take on it is that the men in prison are not homosexuals, they are horny dudes that don't have a woman around, and they are so depraved they molest the men smaller, or less aggressive then themselves. The homosexuals in prison use sex to be protected from the brutes.

Pedophiles are not homosexuals, they are child predators. I think they have teeny weenies and need a kid...front or back because normal size people can't satisfy them. They don't belong in prison, they belong in a grave, after they are mutilated. There are evil people of all races, and walks of life... and I think it's a very small mind to think that these people represent homosexuals, and label all of them as such. A woman who has been raped may hate or mistrust all men...but all men are not the monster who hurt her, that's just her twisted perception.

The gays can be your brothers or sisters (some may still be in "the closet") or maybe your boss, your coworkers and your neighbors. They want to make a commitment to somebody they love, they are not out attacking the children, raping grandma or grandpa...they are not stealing from you. They pay their bills, go to work, buy their first home and love the one they are with. They pay their taxes and they vote, they should have a say, and people should listen. Nobody is asking you to be a homosexual, if you get invited to a wedding and you don't want to go...make up a polite excuse and decline. What is there to gain by being mean to others, making them feel belittled or dirty won't change who they are, you will just be hurting their feelings so you can feel more holy then thou...and God doesn't like that kind of attitude. Luke 18:11

I prefer 1 Timothy 1:8-10.

If you do the research you will find how disgusting this lifestyle really is. What you see on the surfaces is not what they do behind closed doors. Most dont want to know this so they accept it at face value to fit in with the rest of pop culture. After all they must accept everything that is popular. Anyone who has sex with the same gender is a homosexual, pedophiles who have sex with the same gender are a merely a different form of homosexual. The sickness of a homosexual is the same as that of a pedophile, neither believe they are wrong but both perform repulsive acts by choice.

How they feel is their responsibility for the choices they make. If they want people to think that 2 men or women getting it on with each other is normal or to accept this as natural behavior is fundamentally flawed for the many reasons previously given. Like I said earlier, you cant pick and choose which sin to accept. To do so is hypocrisy. Once again, why extend the same definition of marriage to polygamists or those who would like to marry a flock of geese? From a religious standpoint Im pretty sure God would denounce homosexual behavior.

darthtang aw

For those using the animal kingdom to show it is a natural act. I just want to remind you all that animals eat feces as well. I am sure that is natural for animals. Doesnt mean humans should do it. Just pointing out the fatal flaw of the example.

silverado61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/60#post_3540600
Well then how do you explain the rampant homosexual acts of prisoners?
This not intended as a cheap shot but how do you know this to be true? I have never seen studies or surveys proving or even stating the fact that it is "rampant". Surely not from experience. But then again maybe it would explain your firm opinion.

Pitcher? Catcher?

Just a thought.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkysMachine http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/80#post_3540631

I prefer 1 Timothy 1:8-10.

If you do the research you will find how disgusting this lifestyle really is. What you see on the surfaces is not what they do behind closed doors. Most dont want to know this so they accept it at face value to fit in with the rest of pop culture. After all they must accept everything that is popular. Anyone who has sex with the same gender is a homosexual, pedophiles who have sex with the same gender are a merely a different form of homosexual. The sickness of a homosexual is the same as that of a pedophile, neither believe they are wrong but both perform repulsive acts by choice.

How they feel is their responsibility for the choices they make. If they want people to think that 2 men or women getting it on with each other is normal or to accept this as natural behavior is fundamentally flawed for the many reasons previously given. Like I said earlier, you cant pick and choose which sin to accept. To do so is hypocrisy. Once again, why extend the same definition of marriage to polygamists or those who would like to marry a flock of geese? From a religious standpoint Im pretty sure God would denounce homosexual behavior.
What's laughable is you claim you base your "repulsiveness" towards homosexuals based on these supposed readings you get from the Bible (which of course to me is just some fabricated book created by a bunch of philosophers a few thousand years ago. But I digress.), yet the example you pull is nothing more that another misinterpretation of that verse. First off, the word "homosexual" has NEVER been printed in the King James Bible, nor the 16 previous versions of that book. The actual verse reads as follows:

1 Timothy 1:8-10
[sup]8Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it legitimately. [sup]9[/sup]This means understanding that the law is laid down not for the innocent but for the lawless and disobedient, for the godless and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their father or mother, for murderers, 10[/sup]fornicators, sodomites, slave traders, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching.

Now the operative word here is "sodomite". Homophobes as yourself translate this word to "sodomy". Then based on all these brain washings you received from these "Christian leaders", you've been told that sodomy = homosexuality, even though you've admitted that heterosexuals commit acts of sodomy as well. Then of course there's the issue of two women being homosexual as well. Considering their anatomy doesn't afford them the "equipment" to perform acts of sodomy, exactly how does that work into your schemes of the evils of homosexuality? Then when you want to talk hypocrisy, you castigate an individual based simply on their sexual preferences and lifestyle, saying it's sinful and goes against any Biblical tenets, yet you'll sit blindly to the fact that these same people of faith have a tendency to perform these same sexual acts on themselves, then also become pedophiles on top of that.

As for the word sodomite itself, this word's definition when translated to the English language has always equated to sodomy, or that specific act you seem to hate. However, history has shown through your little Biblical translations, that Sodomite also refers to an individual who lived in ancient Sodom. So who really knows how one is supposed to interpret all these Biblical verses you seem to base your entire belief system on? If the Bible never existed, would man have the same attitudes towards these individuals?

flower

Sharky,

Nobody can claim that homosexuality is not against the teachings of the Bible. Everything that human kind can do that's considered wrong is found in it, it's our (for the majority of people anyway) moral compass. Even those that don't, and have never read the bible are taught form childhood from those concepts. However those are moral issues. Each person does pick and choose their vices...I over eat, my late X husband was a drunkard. true enough, a sin is a sin, and we believe that we will someday stand before our creator, and must give an account of our lives. Remember this....we each must stand before our creator...not each other. LOL...to ad lib something King David said when asked what punishment he wanted to choose...let my fate fall into the hands of a merciful God, but not into the cruel hands of mortal men.

Abortion is wrong too, as well as birth control according to that moral compass, but it's legal. That's the point...the state condones much behavior that goes against the "church". The laws don't have to go along with the moral majority. The fact that people want to have a license to be married legally and go along with all that implies is a purely legal stand, not a moral one. I say again, nobody needs a license to have sex or live together.

These people want to be able to make a commitment and enjoy the protection of the state
(not the church) to help them split things equally if it fails. To be able to claim their partner on their insurance and not have two separate policies, they want to be allowed to make the final arrangements when/if their partner dies, or make decisions on hospital treatment if one of them can't speak for themselves . They want to be recognized as a couple that has made commitment to each other, before their friends and family.

You keep harping on the moral issue, and if the Bible and nature itself declares it to be wrong...same sex marriage is NOT not a moral issue, it's a legal one. What the average fellows do in a bedroom behind closed doors is their own business, just like the color of their underwear...it's nobodies business. A marriage license isn't going to change that activity one iota. Nor will it affect other people in the least. Nothing at all will change except how these people deal with legal issues regarding legal situations in their lives.

I kind of found a little chuckle when you say even nature itself teaches...Paul used the same example when women were accused of praying without their heads covered. He gave all kinds of examples of why a woman should cover her head, and yet the majority of churches don't insist for a woman to cover her head. So it seems to me, pretty much everyone picks and chooses, even those who claim to know all about what's right and wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/80#post_3540633
For those using the animal kingdom to show it is a natural act. I just want to remind you all that animals eat feces as well. I am sure that is natural for animals. Doesnt mean humans should do it. Just pointing out the fatal flaw of the example.
There is no flaw the example, it is known as a reversal and can be difficult to track. Robert Greene provides good examples of this in his books.

His original point was that 10% of sheep are homosexual indicating that it occurs in nature. To nullify that point the example cited illustrates cannibalism also occuring in nature yet humans do not partake in it unless they have too to survive. The feces example you cited would fit in here.
Human beings being at the top of the chain take elements from nature but nature rarely incorporate elements of human behavior into their it's behavior. The point has always been that homosexuality is unnatural and dosent occur in the wild.

Much more to this but thats in a nut shell. Hope it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/80#post_3540638
What's laughable is you claim you base your "repulsiveness" towards homosexuals based on these supposed readings you get from the Bible (which of course to me is just some fabricated book created by a bunch of philosophers a few thousand years ago. But I digress.), yet the example you pull is nothing more that another misinterpretation of that verse. First off, the word "homosexual" has NEVER been printed in the King James Bible, nor the 16 previous versions of that book. The actual verse reads as follows:

1 Timothy 1:8-10
[sup]8Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it legitimately. [sup]9[/sup]This means understanding that the law is laid down not for the innocent but for the lawless and disobedient, for the godless and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their father or mother, for murderers, 10[/sup]fornicators, sodomites, slave traders, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching.

Now the operative word here is "sodomite". Homophobes as yourself translate this word to "sodomy". Then based on all these brain washings you received from these "Christian leaders", you've been told that sodomy = homosexuality, even though you've admitted that heterosexuals commit acts of sodomy as well. Then of course there's the issue of two women being homosexual as well. Considering their anatomy doesn't afford them the "equipment" to perform acts of sodomy, exactly how does that work into your schemes of the evils of homosexuality? Then when you want to talk hypocrisy, you castigate an individual based simply on their sexual preferences and lifestyle, saying it's sinful and goes against any Biblical tenets, yet you'll sit blindly to the fact that these same people of faith have a tendency to perform these same sexual acts on themselves, then also become pedophiles on top of that.

As for the word sodomite itself, this word's definition when translated to the English language has always equated to sodomy, or that specific act you seem to hate. However, history has shown through your little Biblical translations, that Sodomite also refers to an individual who lived in ancient Sodom. So who really knows how one is supposed to interpret all these Biblical verses you seem to base your entire belief system on? If the Bible never existed, would man have the same attitudes towards these individuals?
This may help ease your anger. ***** THIS IS A FAMILY SITE ANY MORE LINKS LIKE THIS ONE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED******

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado61 http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/80#post_3540637
This not intended as a cheap shot but how do you know this to be true? I have never seen studies or surveys proving or even stating the fact that it is "rampant". Surely not from experience. But then again maybe it would explain your firm opinion.

Pitcher? Catcher?

Just a thought.
And smoker, a quick Google search will provide you all the information you need. But dont stop there, talk to someone on parole. Punking exists rampantly within the prison system. It may be one of those things you dont want to learn, none the less it's rampant. Do the research and you will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/80#post_3540653
Sharky,

Nobody can claim that homosexuality is not against the teachings of the Bible. Everything that human kind can do that's considered wrong is found in it, it's our (for the majority of people anyway) moral compass. Even those that don't, and have never read the bible are taught form childhood from those concepts. However those are moral issues. Each person does pick and choose their vices...I over eat, my late X husband was a drunkard. true enough, a sin is a sin, and we believe that we will someday stand before our creator, and must give an account of our lives. Remember this....we each must stand before our creator...not each other. LOL...to ad lib something King David said when asked what punishment he wanted to choose...let my fate fall into the hands of a merciful God, but not into the cruel hands of mortal men.

Abortion is wrong too, as well as birth control according to that moral compass, but it's legal. That's the point...the state condones much behavior that goes against the "church". The laws don't have to go along with the moral majority. The fact that people want to have a license to be married legally and go along with all that implies is a purely legal stand, not a moral one. I say again, nobody needs a license to have sex or live together.

These people want to be able to make a commitment and enjoy the protection of the state
(not the church) to help them split things equally if it fails. To be able to claim their partner on their insurance and not have two separate policies, they want to be allowed to make the final arrangements when/if their partner dies, or make decisions on hospital treatment if one of them can't speak for themselves . They want to be recognized as a couple that has made commitment to each other, before their friends and family.

You keep harping on the moral issue, and if the Bible and nature itself declares it to be wrong...same sex marriage is NOT not a moral issue, it's a legal one. What the average fellows do in a bedroom behind closed doors is their own business, just like the color of their underwear...it's nobodies business. A marriage license isn't going to change that activity one iota. Nor will it affect other people in the least. Nothing at all will change except how these people deal with legal issues regarding legal situations in their lives.

I kind of found a little chuckle when you say even nature itself teaches...Paul used the same example when women were accused of praying without their heads covered. He gave all kinds of examples of why a woman should cover her head, and yet the majority of churches don't insist for a woman to cover her head. So it seems to me, pretty much everyone picks and chooses, even those who claim to know all about what's right and wrong.
Yes Flower, we all pick and choose. Just because something is legal doesnt make it right, the majority of laws are fundamentally wrong and unjust. There will be far more people on the side of evil than on the side of good. I think we both know this. They are easily deceived by it because they have no courage or faith to stand against it and they have a compelling necessity to be likeed by others which is a vulnerability to deception. MLK believed we have a duty not follow unjust laws. The acceptance of anything and everything resulted in the corrupt and chaotic society we have today. Perhaps this is Soddom and Gamorrah repeating itself? More later, gotta run...

reefraff

I keep hearing this stuff about animals do it. So what? Animals are known to eat their own excrement and kill a weakling offspring too. It's a silly argument. Homosexuality is abnormal behavior in humans or animals. Doesn't make homosexuals bad people any more than someone who exhibits some other abnormal behavior, like being ADD, liking RAP music or a host of other issues. Some people are just wired differently. Deal.

mohawkninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/397249/same-sex-marriage/80#post_3540732
I keep hearing this stuff about animals do it. So what? Animals are known to eat their own excrement and kill a weakling offspring too. It's a silly argument. Homosexuality is abnormal behavior in humans or animals. Doesn't make homosexuals bad people any more than someone who exhibits some other abnormal behavior, like being ADD, liking RAP music or a host of other issues. Some people are just wired differently. Deal.
We are using this point because he keeps saying that homosexuality is not natural, so we are showing that it happens in nature.

mohawkninja

On another note, don't you think it is strange that you are arguing that it is right to restrict a basic human tendency to love whoever you want to...

Except your not able to do so.
The same acceptance should be given towards polygamists or one who loves and wants to marry a flock of geese right? "They are just wired differently" so deal , I deal a joker
I see your point completely now. Who are we to judge right, I mean if thats who or what they love the laws of marriage should then include them also right. We dont want anyone to feel bad.

reefraff

I don't know that I would call it natural. It does occur within nature but if it were natural how could a species procreate? Not that it really matters. Two consenting adults have the right to do what they want if it doesn't harm others.