sand ritteri

manners

i posted a thread a couple week ago wondering if any one knew what type of anemone i had just bought. the lfs said it was a sand ritteri but i had not heard of one nor could i find any info on one. i heard that they like to move to the top of the tank and usually dont like the sand. im pritty shure that it is a ritteri from what i see in pictures.it has only moved about 3 inces from where i put it on the sand in the tank and placed its foot down for about a week now. it is eating and looks happy (clowns still wont host)
i was just wondering if any one had heard of a sand ritteri
heres some pics,

riccio

Like I posted in your other thread, H. mags are not sand dwelling nems, and besides that, yours does not even resemble an H. mag. It's most likely and H. crispa.
Cool starfish in the last pic though.

manners

still cant find any h. crispa pics that look like mine
heres a pic of when it starts to close up

riccio

I'm not completely sold on H. crispa, you just have a tough ID, and that one seems the most likely. I do know for sure that it isn't a H. mag though.

manners

after staying on the sand bed for 2 weeks the anemone mooved over to the foot of the rock work and has wedged its foot inbetween the rock and the sand its been there for about a week and now looks to be almost double the size. heres some pics i took today