Say hello to the next star running back at University of Michigan!!

rylan1

Originally Posted by Vpotts28
Cracks me up that this Sam McGuffie is a white kid, who was the last stud RB who was white?? No offense to anyone, but it has been a long time. 6'-0" 188 lbs, 4.32 speed. Sick!!! They will put 20 lbs on him at U of M, then if he makes the NFL he will be about 215 lbs.
Its been a while...makes me think of Tim Dwight. He is fast...though 40 time is unreliable for accuracy...I was reading about top 40 times and they say they are mostly all hand timed and not electronic... At that size though he would be a reciever... he does need to bulk up a bit to play in the Big 10 as a RB. I'll admit he is nice, but I'm not sold on him being the next great thing yet.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by Rylan1
Its been a while...makes me think of Tim Dwight. He is fast...though 40 time is unreliable for accuracy...I was reading about top 40 times and they say they are mostly all hand timed and not electronic... At that size though he would be a reciever... he does need to bulk up a bit to play in the Big 10 as a RB. I'll admit he is nice, but I'm not sold on him being the next great thing yet.

Tim Dwight was a WR though? I can't remember the last great white RB. Who was the Steelers RB in the 90's was is Hoge?

rylan1

Originally Posted by BexleyFish
Ok but as you said its college football, therefore the players dont get payed. So although money will play a role in anything, its not that big for CFB. We rebuild easy because we're the best team in the world... not much else to say, a reputation helps

No we rebuild well because Ohio has the best high school football talent. Texas,Florida, and Cali are good but overall Ohio is good because we keep our talent here.

kirkaz

He looks real good...might start immediately at Michigan...He probably would have cracked the top 5 at USC by the time he was a Senior!!!

psusocr1

theres alot of names for them but yes one of them is "low envelopes"
no i didnt play for pennstate ... not trying to get any schools in trouble here,, just stating facts

C

capschamp

Originally Posted by crimzy
You think OSU players don't get paid???? How quickly we forget Maurice Clarett.
As others have stated there are shady dealings going on at EVERY university that has athletics. A good friend went to a mid level ACC school and although he never received any cash payments, goods and services were never hard to come by when everyone recognizes you.
As for OSU players getting paid, do you really think that UM has a squeaky clean record? USC...Reggie Bush and family anyone (by the way thanks for the great fantasy year Reg!)? Any number of players at any Florida school? I went to Bowling Green when Urban Liar was coaching there and lets just say the football players didn't have to worry about class. How do I know? I was a Phys. Ed. major, along with the rest of the football team that wasn't majoring in Criminology.
And as a Buckeye that bleeds scarlet and gray, I will never forget about the former #13....He lives right around the corner from me in a nice place with 10 feet tall barbed wire fences and stays in a 9x9 cell. To quote one of the guards at CCNO, "you'd never know he could have been one of the best running backs in the nation. just another thug in here."

bexleyfish

Oh my God, get off of it. He got kicked off the team cause hes an idiot. The boosters did something they obviously regret and this in no way mirrors the ethics or practices of The Ohio State University

rylan1

Or Chris Webber

G

garychef1

i have never seen a white kid move like that! He is the next tiki barber!

vpotts28

Originally Posted by Garychef1
i have never seen a white kid move like that! He is the next tiki barber!
Sounds like a jab at Tiki! Maybe the next OJ, minus the double homicide.

vpotts28

Oh my God, get off of it. He got kicked off the team cause hes an idiot. The boosters did something they obviously regret and this in no way mirrors the ethics or practices of The Ohio State University

Every major program, and if the less fortunate have shady dealings. If you don't think that programs are paying off "athletes" in some form, then whoever is a very naive person.

bexleyfish

Im sorry dude, but tis not the program that pays anyone off. Im not going to deny the fact that sh*t goes down, people get their's, but the athletic dept at a major U isnt going to stick its neck out that far

rbrockm1

you say OSU can't win a NC. check there records and compare to FL. yeah they beat us but the difference between UF and OSU is that we don't dissapear like they do. The bucks always stay on the map. Hey bexleyfish i used to live on sheridon ave off of livingston but capital. i just moved down here to go to college.
PS i thought UF was a SEC team not ACC.

vpotts28

Im sorry dude, but tis not the program that pays anyone off. Im not going to deny the fact that sh*t goes down, people get their's, but the athletic dept at a major U isnt going to stick its neck out that far

Bexley, I am from Michigan, u-m cheats. OSU cheats, So cal cheats, texas cheats etc, etc. Sorry to inform you, but yes they all cheat. If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'. You are very misinformed if you don't believe it.

rbrockm1

hes going to get redshirted and come back in a year and be around 200lb pending on how much he apllies himself. is he going to UM this yr or is he still a freshmen?

vpotts28

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
you say OSU can't win a NC. check there records and compare to FL. yeah they beat us but the difference between UF and OSU is that we don't dissapear like they do. The bucks always stay on the map. Hey bexleyfish i used to live on sheridon ave off of livingston but capital. i just moved down here to go to college.
PS i thought UF was a SEC team not ACC.

OSU doesn't dissapear like Florida???? When has Florida dissapeared???? Check the records the past 20 years? Of course uf is SEC. So Florida in the SEC loses 3 games that is a bad year? 3 losses in the sec equals about 1 loss in the big ten. I used to be like you guys, but the SEC is so much more dominant than any other conference it is sickening. 6 teams in the top 25 this year.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
hes going to get redshirted and come back in a year and be around 200lb pending on how much he apllies himself.

rbrockm1 he was rated the #1 RB by rivals.com in the nation. These other guys don't get that. He will probably redshirt with Hart being the #1, and UM will put about 20lbs on him. I am quite sure they will make him apply himself.
How them GA So. Eagles lookin?

rbrockm1

Man i just wish we would go to a play off system or move bowl games closer. the big ten finishes there seasons so early compared to some conferences.

rbrockm1

Originally Posted by Rylan1
No we rebuild well because Ohio has the best high school football talent. Texas,Florida, and Cali are good but overall Ohio is good because we keep our talent here.
And we produce good coaches. Isn't the UF head football coach from ohio?

vpotts28

I don't care if the big 10 closes the season 1-2 wks before the rest of them, the SEC is dominant. OSU and MI recruit with the best of them, but the rest of the big 10 is weak. Was OSU outmatched as much as we saw in January, probably not, Florida got hot at the right time. Michigan got embarrased just as much as OSU in the bowl game. But this year the big 10 has to make up for what they did at the end of last year.