Say what?

darthtang aw

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/07/NH-Rep-Welfare-Recipients-Should-Be-Able-To-Buy-Guns-With-EBT-Cards

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397641/say-what#post_3544966
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/07/NH-Rep-Welfare-Recipients-Should-Be-Able-To-Buy-Guns-With-EBT-Cards
Consider the source. Breibert? Pffft

Google the topic, and the only hits are every right-wing Tea Bagger blog site you can find.

I figured this was right up your wheelhouse. Don't you want every able-bodied American packin' a six shooter to protect their 2nd Amendment rights? Let them starve, as long as they can buy ammo.

2quills

Why can't we just give them fire arms that have been confiscated by law enforcement? They claim to destroy them all anyways. This way good weapons won't go to waste or end up disappearing from lock up only to be sold to some cartel down in Mexico before being destroyed. It's a win win.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397641/say-what#post_3544983
Why can't we just give them fire arms that have been confiscated by law enforcement? They claim to destroy them all anyways. This way good weapons won't go to waste or end up disappearing from lock up only to be sold to some cartel down in Mexico before being destroyed. It's a win win.
Yea, nothing like arming more of those low-income leaches with free guns. I mean, what in the world would they have to protect, their shopping carts?

darthtang aw

Ebt cards are sold for half their value for cash. Imagine where free guns might end up when sold by individuals that didnt have to pay for them in the first place.

2quills

Ebt cards are sold for half their value for cash. Imagine where free guns might end up when sold by individuals that didnt have to pay for them in the first place.
Well there would have to be rigorous investigation into their background first, ofcorse.

darthtang aw

Well there would have to be rigorous investigation into their background first, ofcorse.What kind of investigation and how would this make a difference?

2quills

What kind of investigation and how would this make a difference?
Difference in what? It would help poor citizens gain access to self protection or a tool they can use to hunt for food which wouldn't require them to remain on government assistance indefinitely in order to eat.

darthtang aw

How would the "investigations" make a difference in prevent the guns given for free to being sold privately for cash? Sold mind you with a very good chance of going to criminal elements. Most guns confiscated are handguns. I dont see very many people hunting with a .38 special. Especially since the majority on assistance are inner city. Not exactly a plethora of opportunity for hunting in downtown detroit.

2quills

How would the "investigations" make a difference in prevent the guns given for free to being sold privately for cash? Sold mind you with a very good chance of going to criminal elements. Most guns confiscated are handguns. I dont see very many people hunting with a .38 special. Especially since the majority on assistance are inner city. Not exactly a plethora of opportunity for hunting in downtown detroit.
Actually, people are hunted in Detroit, all the time. Well, it's pretty much a daily occurrence. But in any case there are some good people in inner cities as well. I would probably go so far as to make them show me a legal I.d. and probably throw the standard state and federal background check. Above and beyond that then I think all citizens should be afforded the right to bear arms until proven otherwise.

darthtang aw

They have the right. But having government provide firearms for a segment of the population but not the rest for free, i disagree with. What happens after local pd is out of confiscated firearms. Do our taxes pay to arm for free?
I have seen good people do some questionable crap for profit.

2quills

They have the right. But having government provide firearms for a segment of the population but not the rest for free, i disagree with. What happens after local pd is out of confiscated firearms. Do our taxes pay to arm for free?
I have seen good people do some questionable crap for profit.
Yes good people do questionable crap all the time. This is America so we won't run out of confiscated fire arms. But in any case you get one free gun if you're a poor person that doesn't already have a record.

darthtang aw

Yes good people do questionable crap all the time. This is America so we won't run out of confiscated fire arms. But in any case you get one free gun if you're a poor person that doesn't already have a record.Maybe if we included juvenile records you might get me to entertain it. But i feel government assistance is there to provide for life necessities. Food water and shelter. Those three things are needed to survive. One can survive without a gun in most cases.

2quills

Maybe if we included juvenile records you might get me to entertain it. But i feel government assistance is there to provide for life necessities. Food water and shelter. Those three things are needed to survive. One can survive without a gun in most cases.
Not in Detroit, you can't.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397641/say-what#post_3545000
Actually, people are hunted in Detroit, all the time. Well, it's pretty much a daily occurrence. But in any case there are some good people in inner cities as well. I would probably go so far as to make them show me a legal I.d. and probably throw the standard state and federal background check. Above and beyond that then I think all citizens should be afforded the right to bear arms until proven otherwise.
Are you really that ignorant, or do you just sit around listening to the Fox News bleaters all day?

Yea, all citizens should be deemed "responsible gun owners", until one of them uses that firearm in a criminal act, then your stereotypical views of someone less fortunate come into play. Tell you what, you go live in an area where the unemployment rate is at 26%, houses are being sold for $1000, and the art of survival is a daily occurrence, and you rationalize why the violence is at its peak.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397641/say-what#post_3545004
Not in Detroit, you can't.
I have 2 different facebook friends from Detroit. Both still have family there and they have each mentioned the same thing at one point or another. There are places it's not "wise" to be unless you are a cop or well armed. Another Detroiter over at Reef Central had mentioned it a while back in a thread about the ridiculously cheep houses available there. Said those areas with a lot of vacant houses don't get much police coverage so of course the gang bangers and tweakers hang there.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/397641/say-what#post_3545016
I have 2 different facebook friends from Detroit. Both still have family there and they have each mentioned the same thing at one point or another. There are places it's not "wise" to be unless you are a cop or well armed. Another Detroiter over at Reef Central had mentioned it a while back in a thread about the ridiculously cheep houses available there. Said those areas with a lot of vacant houses don't get much police coverage so of course the gang bangers and tweakers hang there.
I could say the same thing about The Fifth Ward here in Houston. What's your point?

darthtang aw

I could say the same thing about The Fifth Ward here in Houston.  What's your point?
Statistics show that as factual. Cities with the highest rate of low income and minorities are prone to more criminal activity. Desperate times make desperate people. If you want for nothing because you have the money to go out and blow $900+ on a multi-round pea shooter "Just because I can", you're less prone to commit a criminal act with a gun for financial gain.

2quills

I have 2 different facebook friends from Detroit. Both still have family there and they have each mentioned the same thing at one point or another. There are places it's not "wise" to be unless you are a cop or well armed. Another  Detroiter over at Reef Central had mentioned it a while back in a thread about the ridiculously cheep houses available there. Said those areas with a lot of vacant houses don't get much police coverage so of course the gang bangers and tweakers hang there. 
Yeah, if you could imagine 3rd world conditions in the heart land of the wealthiest nation on earth then that would be it. The city is bankrupt so you're lucky to get a cop to show up within 45 minutes to a real emergency. But they tell you most calls could take days for a response and a lot of times they never even show. They can't, they're overwhelmed. Basically the people police the streets there or more precisely the drug dealers and gangs. The drug epidemic has reached levels never before seen. People could care less about gun laws because everyone is just trying to survive which is another reason inner city kids have it so tough. They turn into or become criminalized at an early age because it's all they know.
The city is rough to say the least. Years back there used to be a tradition that took place by people all over the city. It happened on the night before Halloween each year. They used to call it devil's night. Most citizens would go into lock down in their homes as crazy people would run the streets and torch abandoned houses all over the city. Although they did a pretty good job back in the 90s of qualing that finally. 40 percent of the population is technically illiterate.