school me in shrooms

sign guy

thats where they start at when i get them, but after 2 weeks they start shrinking so I move them lower and then we start all over untill there on the sb

travis89

Maybe try starting them on the sandbed right away so they are where they would normally be happy. Or do they look good in the LFS? They could be unhealthy at the LFS then they die when you get them home. Is there another place you could get some to try out, like a local reefer or a different LFS? My LFS keep the shrooms under PC lighting instead of MH like most corals.

sign guy

they always look good @ the lfs store and I have tried putting them on the sb twice. but they die quicker. one of those 2 times it started to shrink so i mooved it up towards the top. same d@*% thing happend. I don't want to sound like I have tried everthing but I kinda feel like I have. I am 22 and loosing my hair over this. as far as other sourses go the only other lfs store is a joke ( pluss I am banned from there ) stupid lady said damsels cant live in a ph level of 8.1 THE FISH DIED IN YOUR BAG WITHIN 45 MIN $%#% and i work so much I cant find a club

travis89

Originally Posted by sign guy
as far as other sourses go the only other lfs store is a joke ( pluss I am banned from there ) stupid lady said damsels cant live in a ph level of 8.1 THE FISH DIED IN YOUR BAG WITHIN 45 MIN $%#%
I wouldn't want to shop there either. They don't know anything.

sign guy

I cant remembr my lfs test that for me untill they can get a alk test in. but it was cheecked 6 days ago and he said it was good

travis89

You should probably raise your calcium to 400-450, but I don't know if that would fix your problem and if things are doing good for the most part then you may want to just leave it, mine stays around 350. Does your cal/alk/ph stay stable?

travis89

How do you manage to kill a shroom of all things? A carnation coral is understandable to not be able to keep, but a shroom. I think your right, your tank is posesed.

sign guy

check out my tank mates 1 horse shoe crab 5 red and 5 blue legged crabs 2 coral banded shrimp 1 astrailin sailfin tang and 10 cromis