schooling fish

nitram

What are some good schooling fish that are hardy and easy to get along with. Please post a pic if you can.

tru conch

anthias are another option, but are larger and can be more difficult to feed.
one reminder about chromis, they need a minimum of at least 6 (or 7 depending on what literature you are reading) to school and to be peaceful towards each other. if you have less they tend to kill each other off. i tried to just have 4 and all i ended up with is a single large male. now i have 9 and they all seem to get along peachy with each other. hth.

drummerbum

Originally posted by DrummerBum
can you mix blue and green chromis? will they school together or seperate into 2 groups??

drummerbum

but my question is will blue and green chromis stay together in a group or will they seperate into one group blue and one group green

saltymom

At one time, I had 7 green chromis and 3 blue. They would take or leave the schooling together. The blues were alot smaller than the greens..the blues were a bit more expensive..but they all three eventually were gone. Dont know what happen to them.. One of the greens disappeared..and they have been six for along time.. (mine must not b able to count either! cuz they dont fight at all. They are prolly about 7 months together now)

drummerbum

so i could pottentially hav either one or two schools deppending on their mood :D i guess i could deal with that. if i'm gonna mix should 1 get 3 of each?

saltymom

Yeah..basically!!
You could try the 3 of each..but like I said..I was disappointed at how well the blues didnt
do. It was like they were weak or something. I really liked them for the short time they lived! lol..sucks..30$ in less than two weeks down the drain! lol Im afraid to try em again at ten bucks a piece!
Maybe some else has had some luck with the blue reef chromis ? anyone?