Scratches in Glass

ohioreef

I got a used glass aquarium. While cleaning it tonight I found a few scratches in the front of the aquarium. Is there any way to remove these or will they be harder to see with water in the aquarium?

S

shouse

i had teh same questoin as well. I did find this site on an
article about a guy buying this minearl online (have the site) and he buffered it out. He said after about 1.5 hours of buffering he got most of it out and was happy with the job.

mr . salty

I doubt if this guy had a GLASS tank.
Glass can not be buffed out.
Scratches are pretty much permanent.
Once the tank is full,they will become harder to see.But large deep scratches will still be visible.
If the back of the tank is scratch free,you should think about spinning the tank around,and putting the scratches against the wall.

S

shouse

that's exactly what i'm thinking about doing. spinning it around.
NOt so easy when it's full of 75 gals of rock and water. Ill prob end up spray painting the scratched side.
the only problem is that my back side has already been painted once. I used a remover to take the paint off but the paint extends onto the fake wood trim and when i used the remover to take that off it turned into a big smeary mess. Needless to say the trim is not looking too good. I'm thinking of ideas of what i can do about that. Only thing i thought of was taking a very thin peice of either fake wood or real wood and glueing it over the trim. Any ideas anyone? thanks

ohioreef

Salty,
I'm in the same boat, I've painted the back side so spinning is pretty much out of the question.
Is there anything that can be used to fill the scratches?

ohioreef

Finally said screw it!! I just scraped all the paint off the back, turned it around and painted the front.
:mad: