sea dragon

S

surfinusa

is he yours or did you get the picture at a aquarium or something like that

dragonzim

They had a tank full of them at the Boston Aquarium when I was there a few months ago. They are gorgeous fish. I thought I read somewhere that it was illegal to keep them though.

nm reef

Very nice photo skirrby....where did you take it? They have got to be one of the kewls sea creatures I've ever seen.

skirrby

i took at at sea world in orlando. i was told by the owner of my lfs that they are endangered, and theres only one guy thats breeding them successfully, and they cost about 35,000 dollars to get ahold of one. not sure of the truth behind that though. intresting if its true.

seannmelly

One of our senior trips was the the Boston Aquarium and they have them there. When i saw them i had no idea what it was at first!! It's a horrible pic but I think it's cool.

drewsta

Originally Posted by skirrby
i took at at sea world in orlando. i was told by the owner of my lfs that they are endangered, and theres only one guy thats breeding them successfully, and they cost about 35,000 dollars to get ahold of one. not sure of the truth behind that though. intresting if its true.
$35,000 ummmm wow I know Dallas Texas has some money but they had about 11 of those guys thats $385,000 for 1 tank ummm sounds a little pricey but maybe here is a pretty bad pic of 3 of them from the Dallas Aquarium.

lion_crazz

35,000 would be for the ones that were bred in captivity and purchased off of someone else. Tank bred fish are always more expensive. Plus, if you are buying them in a larger number, like the Dallas or Baltimore aquarium did, they would probably be much cheaper.
Very cool pics though, thanks for sharing!