Seaclone 150

bmkj02

I have a Seaclone 150 that I have running on my 55g. It works great and never had a problem. I have seen place of mods done to them but it was on the old style. Mine is the newer one and it doesnt need those mods except for the needle valve. Does anyone know where I can get one at that will fit into the airline tubbing? I have gone to Home Depot and they have some but they are big to be plumb into pipes and Ace Hardware had the same. Anyone done this to their Seaclone and where did you get it? If you had to mod it can you attach some pictures please?
Thanks

bmkj02

To better the air flow. The factory one that comes with it is garbage. With a needle valve you have more control.

blue eye

I was given a Seaclone 100 for my 30gal reef tank i just hooked it up to my tank. How does this thing work. I have the air valve open all the way is this the way i should have it when just starting it.
Please help i am lost with how it works.

meowzer

slowly close the air valve until there is no air in the tube that leads to the skimmer...sorry I don't know the names of parts

1990jpyj

i got mine at a LFS i got it free cuz they dont really sell them and they had a few laying around. although i did buy $300.00 worth of overpriced rock that day so i say it was a very expensive valve. once you do find it then the seaclone works great.

blue eye

What do i have to do to (find it) as u say. It has been hooked up for 8 hours and nothing in the cup yet. Does the vavle need to be open all the way or closed all the way or in the middle. I dont know.

flricordia

Originally Posted by Blue Eye
http:///forum/post/2841226
What do i have to do to (find it) as u say. It has been hooked up for 8 hours and nothing in the cup yet. Does the vavle need to be open all the way or closed all the way or in the middle. I dont know.
If you are getting foam then it is working. It normally takes a week 2 two before a skimmer breaks in and begins pulling out the organics.

1990jpyj

it took a little while before mine started to collect. as long as it starts to get some little wate bubbles forming and climbing its way up the cup you should be fine. it probly took 3 days before i got it fully dialed in.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Blue Eye
http:///forum/post/2841226
Mine took a good couple of weeks before it started to foam....Just make sure there is no air in the intake tube, do not shut it all the way...look at the back of your skimmer and make sure you have what looks like a tornado in it.

blue eye

Ok cool, and i got my skimmer for free, from a freind who upgraded is tank and needed a bigger skimmer, so i cant complain about it.

kimura

I have the 100 worst money i've spent. In order to get any foam it fills my tank with so many bubbles you can't even see the rock let alone the fish. I'm open to suggestions, other than save for a real skimmer, if anyone has any

meowzer

You must have the air valve either open or closed too much....Just make sure there is no air in the plastic tubing leading from the tank to the container....adjust slowly...You might want to open the valve all the way, and readjust...Remember just turn a tiny bit at a time til there is no air...you may have to adjust again later...but only a small turn at a time.

robertmathern

Originally Posted by Kimura
http:///forum/post/2842604
I have the 100 worst money i've spent. In order to get any foam it fills my tank with so many bubbles you can't even see the rock let alone the fish. I'm open to suggestions, other than save for a real skimmer, if anyone has any

I had one once. To stop the microbubbles. It is comming from the top where the water comes out. Just take a piece of 1.5'' tubing push it on to where the water comes out and falls into the water in the tank and stick it in the water. I found that to work great

bmkj02

Its hard to tune the factory air valve. But once you get it going then it works great. but then after a while you might have to tune it again. One thing I did was get rid of the pre-filter on the pump. That blocks a lot of flow. Another thing was the tube that goes over the side of the tank on top. You have to tune the valve to make sure there isnt a air pocket in there. What you can do is open it all the way to the point you see the air pocket. Once you see it start closing the valve till the pocket is gone. Then leave it there. Usuall if you have it too closed it causes the micro-bubbles all inside your display tank. This is why I have been looking for this valve so I can fine tune it and leave it. Its a real good skimmer once its tuned right. I like it cause its out of the sump which leaves me more space for other things. Mine is rated for 150g. I have it right now in my 55g. Going to switch it over to my 125g when it is completed and see if it can handle it

sea n life

here is mine you can see the bubbles in the tube mine started pulling gunk in about 2 hours and i get about 1/2 to 3/4 on a inch of gunk every couple days and this stuff looks like tar i have mine set about 3/4 all the way open and i get zero bubbles in the tank once you adjust it i luv it

blue eye

Ok, i got mine working but it is pulling a little bit of stuff. It is mostly clear and some brownish stuff.