SeaHare ADVICE NEEDED :)

meowzer

OK...I have a dwarf seahare in my 225G....with the seahares help, and a lot of elbow grease I have gotten rid of my hair algae YIPPEE The seahare still seema happy, and has not shrunk, but I am now concerned (especially since I read NYCBOB's has died) that it will starve
My though it to move it to the 54G since I am experiencing some HA growth...
My 54G and 225G tank parameters are almost exact....CAN I just take the seahare from the 225G and put in the 54G? Or should I do an acclimation somehow?
I hate to lose this guy he is the first one that has ever lasted more than a week :)

dive girl

Yep, acclimate. I've got a seahare that I move from tank to tank. He's never had it better than he has with me. I saw him out today and looked him over but forgot that I wanted to move him to one of my seahorse tanks.

meowzer

Well the seahare is MIA again....LOL...BUT I moved the lettuce nudi for now....acclimated it, and put it in :)
Maybe the seahare will show up tomorrow

meowzer

OK...I found the seahare....carefully removed it from the 225g....and after some acclimation, it is in the 54G....where it immediately slithered under a rock :( I hope it does ok....

king_neptune

I did mine pretty fast. I think 30 min. But if since its your household, and your water...just match the salinity and dip him in. I think some of the biggest problems with acclimation comes from people letting the water temp drop far, then shocking the animal into warm water.
Then again mine is pretty tough. I think ill call him Samson, cause he takes on Algae like philistines! Not to mention I had an electrical disaster last week and tank dropped to mid 60's. He tucked into a corner and waited it out. Maybe Im lucky.
At any rate, I wouldn't be to concerned. your plenty compitant from what Ive seen. He's gonna be just fine in the transition.