Seahorse and scorps and shrimp, Oh My!!

salt life

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3062600
Ya, the red guy is a brasiliensis the other guy we are discussing being Sebastapistes strongia... sorry to have to searching around like that.
I hadn't realized I had left it so vague.
I don't get what you mean about that sentence but if I am asuming correctly, I don't mind looking on the internet to try and figure out what it is, it's pretty fun actually and it is fun to help out with your fish, they are awesome!

zippgirl

I love your tanks, I love the use of grape and feather caulerpa. I hope you don't mind a few questions. I would love to set up my 29gal with some greenery (caulerpa), but I have heard nothing but bad things about it going sexual and destroying a tank. Do you have any problems with that, do you have to prun it to keep it in check (how often), and do you leave the lights on the same amount of time as with our corals? I told you I had a few questions. Also, do you have to add any additives to the tank other than water changes to keep it as beautiful as yours.

dbestnindy

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3047824
I don't really have pics of their tanks yet because they are all still in QT until their new tank is up. We are suppose to get our 100g and a new 25g back from our acrylics guy this weekend. I say suppose to because it's already been delayed 2 weeks... Grrrrr. But he's good and worth the wait and we knew his delay history walking in. But once the 100g is cycled, the lionfish and the frondosa will move out of the 60g. Then all these little guys are going to the 60. I keep saying 65, if anyone reads that elsewhere, and my husband keeps correcting me.
This page may help ya see where everyone is going. My Tanks. It's just an unfinished page that will eventually have FTS and specs.
There's actually 4 fish I have to grow up first before they go in a bigger tank.
Nice page on the Tank link. Can't wait to see FTS

cranberry

Not yet.... yet.
That's something we are actively working on. But there is ALOT to plan.
My hubby has just requested his old diver's licence and we are going to start a "local" tank.
And I really want a blackfooted lionfish if I can find one that has been properly imported.

peglet

Wow does not even begin to describe what you have and what you have done. Your fish and your FTS are really beautiful. Your aquascaping is gorgeous. I love all your fish and you obviously take wonderful care of them. What a pleasure to see them. By the way you are to modest, you are great with that camera on fts. Would love for you to post again sometime. Truly an honor to see things you would only see in a commercial exibit. Truly amazing

cranberry

Awwwww, that is too sweet. And I had a bad night at work last night.... now I feel all warm and fuzzy :)
Aquascaping = hubby. That's his gig. He puts it all in place and I come in and go

do u have a pic of the tank ur leaf fish are in???
and do the cockatoo waspfish or the leaf fish need to be kept in a species tank cause i have a 29 gallon segrass tnak and do u think either of these would fit in it??? if so do u think u can give me some info about it??? they just look so cool!!!
and are all of the littler ones in one big tank???

cranberry

I could take a pic after the lights come on.... but it only has LR in it really because it's just a temporary tank.
All the littler ones are going to go in the big tank.
Right now with the smaller fish are spread out in these tanks
28g with 2 Redfin waspfish
1 Cockatoo waspfish
1 ambon scorpion
1 leaf
40g (split) Bearded Ghoul
18g with Fuzzy lion
Hawaiian lion
24g with Brazilensis
fuzzy dwarf
checkspot
Is anything else in your seagrass tank? All these critters will get along as long as you can meet their possible different feeding needs.