Seahorse and scorps and shrimp, Oh My!!

cranberry

Ya, lionfish all have the same potency. The waspfish have very like DNA to the stonefish and their venom is a whole lot more potent.

spanko

Has anything got ya yet? Did the pain go away quickly or linger? Did you need medical attention more than just home care?

cranberry

No, I haven't gotten tagged yet. If the lions get me, I'll just use hot water. If the waspfish get me... it would be the hospital.
I'm always a little wary when I get a new fish. It takes 2 people to clean the tank. One to watch and give play by plays of the fish's whereabouts and the other to do the scrubbing. But then you "learn"them and their different personalities and they get use to you.
The problem is my name... I am called the "Food God" in these parts and they all come running when they see me. The c.ockatoo in particular tries to glide up to my hands for food while I'm cleaning so I usually have to withdraw before I'm done to finish it later. Last time it took 3 goes before I could finish the front panel.
They give us warning if they aren't pleased. Here his head is down with his spines pointed directly at us. He won't come over but he's saying "don't you dare come to me either!"

spanko

Originally Posted by meowzer
GEE HENRY...Anything else you want to know
Inquisitive minds and all ya know? There was a post a while back about Foxface Siganus unimaculatus and how the OP was afraid of the "venomous" aspect of the fish. I feel I was unsuccessful in trying to get the to put their fear aside and get one of these wonderful fish, even when explaining that they run and hide if you put your hands in the tank. And even if you do get poked it is more like a bee sting than anything.
Also tried to explain the same concept to another poster about the Canary Blenny Meiacanthus oualanensis
and if you ever did get nipped it was the same kind of thing, not like you were going to suffer long and hard but more like a bee sting or something similar.
So yeah depending on Renees answer I may have more questions.
Oh yeah and who was the one grilling her on the seahorse care yesterday anyway!!!!!!!!!!

meowzer

Oh yeah and who was the one grilling her on the seahorse care yesterday anyway!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...awww but that was important

cranberry

It was the first time he ever displayed a warning to us... as long as you heed it's warning, all should be good.
I can't get that big brute to take frozen. I just can't believe it. He had a fight with a stick some time back and hasn't taken frozen since.

meowzer

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3056268
See.......meowzer, meowzer, meowzer it's always about you isn't it?

By the way it looks like the smilies are on the move again????

I'm soooo confused
.....and not me it,s poor sickly BIGUN

ryancw01

Really awesome pictures...what kind of camera do you have? I am shopping for a camera right now and your pictures look so good I have to ask.

rdub62

earlier this thread i think i read that you have 2 dream fish left?
but it looks like you've gotten many fish since then?
what are those 2 fish and did you get them and i missed it?

meowzer

Cranberry...how is your Lionfishlair library coming along?...I refer to it often, and have also used it to help out a fellow hobbyist who was looking for an i.d.
. If you ever do it professionally....I'll buy your book...

cranberry

My two dream fish won't be bought until next spring when we move.... the imperator angel and a handful of garden eels.
The fish I'm actively looking for is a
  • yellow spot scorp (Sebastapistes cyanostigma)
  • Dwarf zebra
  • Fu Manchu
    P. mombasae
    P. Miles
    Dwarf fuzzy... possibly 2 for a harem with one being solid yellow.
If I would fine an appropriately collected and transported Black foot lion, I'd get it in a hot sec. But I think they will be the hardest to find.