Sebae Anemone @ SWF.com

gradymo

Has anyone ordered a Sebea nem from this site? If so, did it ship okay? and how big was it? I'm thinking of getting one (on sale now for $20) to see if it will host my False percs. Any comments, suggestions welcome.

gemmy

I have one from SWF and I have had it for 2 years. It was bleached when I got it, but I feel that was due to the stress of shipping. It started to color up in no time. It was about 5" across when I got it.

gradymo

Well, I got my anemone Wed., and it was about 1.5" in diameter! It was in very little water so I just temp acclimated it for about 30 minutes and placed it in the tank. After about 10 seconds, the motion from the water picked it up, and turned it upside down. I turned it back over and put it at the end of the tank between a rock and the side glass where there's less water flow. But it still would lift up and move a little, then settled back down. It's little tiny tentacles swelled up after a few minutes. Went to bed that night and by morning, it was gone.
It's now Fri., and I haven't seen it since.

bang guy

Anemone should be shipped dry. It really is the best option for shipping.
As for it disappearing, do you have any covers on your powerheads or anything else it could have been sucked into?

gradymo

Yes, i covered everything in anticipation to getting this anemone. And everything is healthy in my tank, so I don't think it expelled an toxins (unless it's too small to do any harm). I believe my water params were fine, tested before adding nem, ammonia and nitrites-0, nitrates were between 5-10 (darker than 5 - lighter than 10). Same readings as of today.

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradymo http:///t/393408/sebae-anemone-swf-com#post_3500480
Yes, i covered everything in anticipation to getting this anemone. And everything is healthy in my tank, so I don't think it expelled an toxins (unless it's too small to do any harm). I believe my water params were fine, tested before adding nem, ammonia and nitrites-0, nitrates were between 5-10 (darker than 5 - lighter than 10). Same readings as of today.
I think the nem is still in the tank tucked in the rock work.

gradymo

It does have plenty of places to hide, I just figured it would have come out looking for some light by now. Would anything eat it, being that it was so small??

gemmy

Mysis would be a good thing to try. What type of lighting do you have? Sebaes are more light demanding than some other nems.

gradymo

I have two 250 watt MH, with brand new (3-4 weeks old) Phoenix Hexarc 14000k bulbs and 4 - 54w actinics.

gemmy

My nem settled in my tank pretty quick. I drip acclimated it for about an hour and then plopped it in the tank. It sunk right to the bottom and has barely moved ever since.